overall
RATINGS: 38   MEAN: 3.69/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 10, 2007
The server guy didnt want to get me this, he kept tryin to get me the bombay and i wasnt havin it, even after he had me sample both of them i went for this. It has a hell of alot of hops, just no body to it. Still, for arkansas it was pretty damn good.

kwoeltje (2234) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - MAR 17, 2007
(Little Rock) Gold slightly hazy color with white head. Hops aroma. Pine hops flavor balanced with malt. Good but not great.

KDorgan12 (169) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Draft-Memphis. White frothy head on gold body with a slight reddish hue. Aroma was pleasant though not as strong as I was expecting. Surprising full mouthfeel but was balanced perfectly by the hops.

smhncabot (310) - Cabot, Arkansas, USA - MAR 7, 2007
sampled at brewpub and from growler. aroma is dominated by tropical fruit but also has citrus, pine, and biscuit. hop taste reflects aroma with a nice dry biscuit malt flavor in the middle finishing moderate pleasant bitterness. finish is biscuit and pine. this beer laces in very nice sheets. hardly a "hopgod" but still hoppy and a very decent ipa.

jzzbassman (1638) - Arlington, Texas, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Best of the lot I had today on tap at Memphis. Aroma typical of a west coast IPA. Flavor has a strange fruit note that is outside the citric realm I would associate with this style, ending with a crisp finish.

illinismitty (2377) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 31, 2007
Nashville. 72 IBUs. Pours orange amber with an off white head. Piney hop aroma. The bitterness hits you right up front, accented by lots of grapefruit zest, and maybe a tad amount of pineapple. There are some slight toffee notes hiding behind the hops. Puckering, semi dry finish with some notes of white pepper and citrus. I went back to work after drinking this and let out a huge belch, and I could still taste this bad boy. So far, this is the only hop head approved TN brewed beer in my book. I wish Fred would brew this more often. I also wish that other regional brewers would follow suit and brew hoppier beers. Screw "balance".

mojoman (158) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 25, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2012 Nashville - Copper colored beer is one of the best seasonal beers I have had. I love hoppy beers, and this is an upper tier brew.

StewardofGondor (2088) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 15, 2006
Nashville. Transparent, magnifying and lucid copper in color with an extended creamy white wrung and a strange amoeba hole in the center. Clean, soapy suds in the aroma, not to mention pinesol, lemon scented pledge and sugary orange skin. Oily, bitter glide points out the orange traits once more. Grassy, pine sap and dandelions flapping in the springtime wind. Bitterness really harps upon the tongue, clearing the surface holistically. Arid excels in the finish, topped off by papaya enzyme and orange punch powder.

calicool (16) - Keller, Texas, USA - NOV 18, 2005
I had this on tap at Bosco’s Nashville. It blew me away. This brew is about 61 IBU’s, but has an extreme hop-oil mouth feel. It will strip the lining off the roof of your mouth. I like that! Go easy on it though, or you’ll really lose control. I loved this beer!

kumite56 (473) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - JUN 19, 2005
This beer poored an inemic white head on a copper colored body. The areoma was a little weak with hints of citrus predominating. Flavor was nice with a good malt backbone and nicely hopped.