RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.47/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21/5   SEASONAL: Winter   ABV: -
Boscos' Prohibition Pilsner is an all malt beer with a very assertive hop character.

Most RecentTicked By

MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - SEP 1, 2004
-Aroma: Surprisingly sweet/citrusy -Appearance: Soft gold with a solid white head -Flavor: Again with the sweet citrus balanced by strong hops Palate: Good mouthfeel Overall: Definitely one I’d have again

aracauna (3604) - Georgia, USA - JUL 27, 2004
I really wasn’t expecting much from this given it’s Prohibition Pilsner name. I was expecting something that contrasted with the BGD (Bosco’s Genuine Draft) as a pre-Prohibition/post-Prohibition comparison, but I was pleasantly surprised. Pale gold with a nice bright white head. Good lacing. The aroma is citrusy but faint. The dry malt is backed by surprising burst of hop bitterness. I’d really like to see more aroma hops (I love saaz and this is all saaz), but this is something I could spend an afternoon drinking and this is a great all-food beer as well.

SpringsLicker (3638) - Tennessee, USA - JUL 23, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2004 Draught in Nashville. Clear golden yellow with a decent head. The aroma was weak but clean. I didn’t expect much flavor with the lack of aroma, but this went the other direction in the taste department. The flavor was well balanced with a clean light malt profile and a very nicely hopped bitterness. Crisp, refreshing. Nice dry finish. Just right.