overall

RATINGS: 557   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69/5   IBU: 39   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Our twist on the traditional american porter, Shake chocolate porter is black in color with rich, dark chocolate aromatics and flavors and subtle coffee-like notes. This unique brew blends five different grains, including Chocolate Wheat, that along with cacao nibs create a devilishly delicious chocolate finish with a velvety mouth feel.

Scotchfreckles (1) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - MAR 19, 2014 does not count
I am a Guinness lover but Shake has become my first love for now. The flavor is a smooth balanced chocolate. The finish is full bodied and doesn’t blot one after finishing the pint. Wonderful beer and will go out of my to buy it and share it.

kanderso43 (17) - - MAR 21, 2015
Black in color, tan head, with chocolate to the nose. Creamy mouth feel with chocolate and coffee notes. Ordered it as a dessert beer and was not disappointed!

lionus (11) - , Wisconsin, USA - AUG 5, 2015
Quite possibly the perfect beer. Excellent balance of roasted malt and dark (bitter) chocolate. Pours dark, and aroma is deeply chocolate, but taste is not overly sweet and is well-balanced. Great beer.

sevefan (13) - IRELAND - JUL 28, 2016
OH MY WORD! I HAVE NEVER TASTED ANYTHING AS NICE IN ALL MY LIFE! On draught in Stout, New York, February 2016. On a visit from Ireland I read about this beer and I had to try it. My word it did not disappoint! Rich dark and creamy chocolate milk, what more can a chocoholic say? If only I could get this in Ireland but I guess I never will. 100% guys. A superb beer! 🍻

kingofthemtn (55) - - SEP 5, 2016
Chocolate lovers dream. On tap at Prison City Pub Auburn. Smooth and rich chocolate flavor. Great chocolate aroma. May be my new breakfast drink. Cheers.

maxwelldeux (4374) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - NOV 29, 2013
Draught. Wow. Pour was a very dark brown color with a moderate pillowy tan head on it. Nose was close to chocolate ice cream with just a slight bit of roasting in there. Taste was very chocolatey and super creamy. Was almost like drinking chocolate milk. Great brew, but then again, I’m a sucker for chocolate.

FlatBusted (2) - - AUG 5, 2014 does not count
Exactly what it says.... absolutely spot on in flavor. It has become my benchmark for chocolate porter.

hinkdad (2) - - MAY 5, 2016 does not count
Pours very dark, has a nice creamy head. This creaminess was in part because I had the Nitro pour at the brewery in Boulder. It has a wonderfully smooth feel and finish with a slight note of coffee, but the overall notes are chocolate that linger on the pallet. It's great to sip and just enjoy. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

razzle (8) - Montana, USA - NOV 4, 2013 does not count
I am loving this beer right now. just picked up one, and it actually tastes like it says. Great chocolate aroma! Not too over the top. I am going to get fat because of this beer... Cheers