overall

RATINGS: 419   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   EST. CALORIES: 149   ABV: 4.97%
13.2P

JoeMcPhee (9426) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - APR 17, 2004
Amber colour (surprise) with a creamy off-white head. Caramel/toffee malt aroma with some cookie dough as well. Flavour shows good balance of malt and hops. Slightly citrus hoppiness. I liked it.

Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAR 15, 2004
Good sweet hop aroma. Tan copper color, small head. Sweet, nice and malty profile. Aftertaste is slightly bitter.

Nuffield (4169) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - FEB 12, 2004
I was really unhappy with this beer. I was suspicious from the start because, as others have noted, the label is so lame. I guess the color is basically copper in color; I didn't get much of a head. The aroma was vegetal, malty, and metallic, and the flavor had a notable bitterness, even astringency. The effect is not unlike what you get in German lagers with Hallertau or Saaz. Some later flavors suggest to me that this is a poor quality English bitter, but ultimately the caramel can't overcome the nasty effect that I get from the hops. The palate is plain and unassuming. I wanted to dump it out after a few sips but I struggled on to finish it.

bob32256 (171) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JAN 18, 2004
the smell is mainly of hops; the color is medium amber and the head is very thin; hops dominate the taste, but there is a touch of malt

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 14, 2004
Okay ale. They are calling it a copper ale, whatever that is supposed to mean. The color is not really copper, it's a little lighter. I can actually taste a little malt here.

blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 13, 2004
light copper color with little head. Noticable carbonation though. Noticable hops. Some other flavor that escapes me. Light, but still drinkable.

hopscotch (11051) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JAN 3, 2004
Crystal clear, amber ale with a large, frothy, white head. Decent retention; excellent lacing. Caramel, maple syrup, bubble gum, floral hops and butterscotch in the aroma. The flavor is malty and chewy up front. Decently balanced with lightly bitter hops on the backside. Medium-bodied with a creamy mouthfeel and moderate carbonation. Short, bitter-sweet, dry finish. I'll go against the grain and say "I really like this one."

blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - DEC 27, 2003
Ok -- not great -- looks enticing, but then its a little too bitter over balanced. Strangely reminscent of Sam Adams Boston Lager somehow? Not bad, but I'll stay away from this one for a while.

Crit (3977) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 26, 2003
Amber,off white head.Nose is light malt and light citrus hops.Malt flavor with spicy medium hop finish.

BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - NOV 17, 2003
Starightforward generic amber ale. Sweet all malt toffee/caramel with virtually no bitterness or bite. Something of a starters amber. Cheesey label. Colorado? Cyclists? Amber Ale? Fat Tire?