RATINGS: 463   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bob’s ’47 Oktoberfest is a medium-bodied, dark amber brew with a malty flavor and well-balanced hop character. With this Munich-style lager we salute our friend Bob Werkowitch, Master Brewer and 1947 graduate of the U.S. Brewer‘s Academy.

Bill Becker (2003) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 15, 2017
From May 2008 I had a bottle of this at Old Chicago last night. Nice clear amber red pour with a very small head of foam that disappeared completely within a couple of minutes. The nose had a nice strongish bready and caramel malt smell with a noticeable fruity note and just a bit of hoppiness hiding in the background. I really liked taking whiffs of this one! Nice caramel and bready malt flavour with some fruitiness and a fairly dry finish thanks to a small but, it is there, hop presence. Wow. The more I drank, the more I wanted to drink...extremely drinkable for me(mouthfeel was nice and not a bit watery) and very satisfying. I just wish I could buy some sixers around town. :^(

rollinsr (830) - Atlanta, GEORGIA - NOV 4, 2017
Pours amber with minimal head. Aroma is fruity with smoked berry character. Flavor is crisp and smooth. Highly drinkable.

coachd (971) - Missouri, USA - OCT 6, 2017
Smells rich and malty with spicy hops. See through amber color with a pale white head. Sweet but not overdone with a crisp and earthy hop bite. This is a good representation of the style.

dnstone (3670) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - OCT 2, 2017
Pours a light, clear copper color with white head. Bready malty aroma. Moderately sweet, bready, malty, slightly earthy. A nice fest bier. Notes: Bottle from Cosentinos, Oct '17

oobawa (1856) - Tennessee, USA - SEP 15, 2017
Solid marzen, malty but brisk, offering up deep caramel and nutty flavors while keeping mild apple esters and a moderate noble hop bite on the back end. Never quite reaches the malt depths you want it to, but it also refrains from growing cloy, and the floral hoppiness makes for a bright, clean finish. Decent festbier nose, and the pour is a lovely orange-red with a slight head and modest lace. Sparkly texture with a hint of oily clinginess. Not bad.

magsinva (1493) - Virginia, USA - SEP 2, 2017
Draft @ Boulevard Brewpub (KC Airport) - Pours deep orange brown, clear. I'm getting mild caramel notes, some bitter dryness. Meh.