RATINGS: 461   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bob’s ’47 Oktoberfest is a medium-bodied, dark amber brew with a malty flavor and well-balanced hop character. With this Munich-style lager we salute our friend Bob Werkowitch, Master Brewer and 1947 graduate of the U.S. Brewer‘s Academy.

steez's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
steez (34) - Georgia, USA - FEB 6, 2013
i picked this up in a boxed 6 pack. when I was rung up the cashier said "$3.17"...I said are you sure and he said its on clearance. I said whats wrong with it and he replied nothing. Its best by date was 12/31/12 and this is Feb 13. I figured Marzens had been kept over the summer originally so I took it home.Alas ...Not very good.

coachd (905) - Missouri, USA - OCT 6, 2017
Smells rich and malty with spicy hops. See through amber color with a pale white head. Sweet but not overdone with a crisp and earthy hop bite. This is a good representation of the style.

dnstone (3488) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - OCT 2, 2017
Pours a light, clear copper color with white head. Bready malty aroma. Moderately sweet, bready, malty, slightly earthy. A nice fest bier. Notes: Bottle from Cosentinos, Oct '17

oobawa (1658) - Tennessee, USA - SEP 15, 2017
Solid marzen, malty but brisk, offering up deep caramel and nutty flavors while keeping mild apple esters and a moderate noble hop bite on the back end. Never quite reaches the malt depths you want it to, but it also refrains from growing cloy, and the floral hoppiness makes for a bright, clean finish. Decent festbier nose, and the pour is a lovely orange-red with a slight head and modest lace. Sparkly texture with a hint of oily clinginess. Not bad.

magsinva (1423) - Virginia, USA - SEP 2, 2017
Draft @ Boulevard Brewpub (KC Airport) - Pours deep orange brown, clear. I'm getting mild caramel notes, some bitter dryness. Meh.

ghostbeer (241) - Nebraska, USA - OCT 9, 2016
Stylistically, it was just a little sweet, but this is one of the better Oktoberfests I have ever had and I love the American interpretation of the style. It had a rich maltiness but was well balanced by the hops.

ozzy70 (1264) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 29, 2016
12 oz. bottle from Old Chicago, Omaha, Oakview location. Poured amber, small white head. Aroma was malty, some floral, caramel. Taste was sweet, flowers, fruity.

p0rkch0p (127) - Missouri, USA - SEP 1, 2016
Sampled during brewery tour. Better than I expected. dark amber malted taste. Not too hoppy or fruity.

BeerRenter76 (1029) - Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2016
Originally rated on 9/18/08. It pours a deep amber body with a thin off white cap, medium carbonation. Aroma of sweet malts, slightly floral. Flavors of caramel malts on the initial taste finishing with a hop bite. Mouthfeel is rich and creamy but mild. Overall a pretty good beer.

oldrtybastrd (5003) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 12, 2016
Pours a clear golden amber color. Aromas of grass, cheerios, and a touch of flowers. Flavor is kinda sweet to start, citrusy finish with some hop notes.

beer_rookie (637) - Arkansas, USA - OCT 28, 2015
Pours a crystal copper orange color. Nice eggshell color head. Dissipates quickly. Not a lot of lacing.

Aroma is roasted malt. Some greasiness, and toffee. Some floral hop complexity.

Taste is oddly malty and hoppy. It’s also spicy, too spicy.

Mouthfeel is medium. It’s dry. It has a weird aftertaste. I don’t know if its hops or what. It’s bitter.

Overall, I’m not spending too much time on this. I don’t like it. I feel they strayed a little too far from the marzen style to call it a marzen.