RATINGS: 793   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Boulevard Pale Ale is a smooth, fruity, well-balanced beer with year-round appeal. A variety of caramel malts imparts a rich flavor and amber color, while liberal use of whole Cascade hops adds zest and aroma. Pale Ale is the first beer we brewed, and continues to be a perennial favorite.

dambor (680) - Berlin, GERMANY - MAR 7, 2016
Pours copper with nice head leaving a nice lacing. Aroma: interesting aroma herbs, a touch of "horse blanket" (in a pleasant way, within limits of a pale ale), some malt. Taste: Pretty smooth, but at the same time a nice herbish character, particularly nice in the palate. Interesting.

ElManana (2079) - Scheldewindeke, BELGIUM - MAR 5, 2016
Draft at Beer Circus. Herbs, malty, light sourish, citrus notes. Lacks the bitterness and exotic fruitiness to be a real winner. Decent.

kermis (12869) - The Hague / Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - MAR 5, 2016
Draft at DHVL. Clear amber with an off white head. Aroma of weedy hops, herbal notes, grass and light malt. Flavour is light to moderate sweet and moderate bitter. Light medium bodied with light carbonation.

deanso (10070) - Chiang Mai, THAILAND - MAR 4, 2016
On tap at the Heren van Liedekercke. Thick creamy white head. Clear light amber pour. Slight bitterness. Easy drinking.

ordybill (1738) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - FEB 28, 2016
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. The appearance is a slightly murky orange color with a large white head. The aroma is mild with some hops and citrus. The taste is a mild flavored pale ale with a slight floral hops flavor.

BlackHaddock (7232) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - FEB 23, 2016
330ml bottle at the Shrewsbury Beer Share on 17th Feb 2016, thanks to my Son-in-Law for getting this for me while in Kansas City and my wife for bringing it home to the UK. Poured a slightly hazy copper colour with a good sized white head. My nose picked up malts and their molasses in the aroma, these formed the flavour base too, with a light fruity filling that had a citrus trace or two. Liked it.

minutemat (5413) - Shrewsbury, Shropshire, ENGLAND - FEB 21, 2016
330ml bottle @ Shrewsbury Beer Share, Feb 16, courtesy of BlackHaddock. Many thanks! Pours hazy copper, large white head. Mild resin sweet aroma. Taste is plump, juicy, fuzzy and flavoursome. Unfussy, easy-drinking, lightly sweet APA. Great stuff.

77ships (9638) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - FEB 20, 2016
Boulevard’s entrance into the Belgian beer market is starting to disappoint heavily. I was only familiar with 2 of their Smokestack Series prior to these & them being a well-known USA craft brewer, expectations were high obviously. I understand them starting their entry with the flagship possibly more accessible beers (we might never get the specials) but this is starting to seem like a downwards spiral. We got Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale first which I found to be bland at best. Tank 7 was followed by Single-Wide I.P.A. which tasted like a watery glass of butter, one of the worst IPA’s I have ever had. I figured maybe I tried a bad keg but still. Now we get the Pale Ale which honestly is just dreadful. 250 ml. draft @ ’t Antwaerps Bierhuyske. Clear copper amber with a creamy off-white head. Nose is awful, massively metallic, industrial with big fish guts & some plastic. Thin awful herbal & massively metallic taste, industrial, fish guts, nasty, herbs, cardboard. Thin industrial metallic body. Really unpleasant beer. Finishing my glass was a real struggle. This is badly rated but not that badly rated, what is the issue here? Do I have too high or wrong expectations? Is it really just me? I don’t know but I do know that I would much rather drink Coors Light than this. Honestly they are not planning to convert Belgian masses with this? Come on Duvel you own Firestone Walker please get us that instead.

ST247 (494) - Antwerp, BELGIUM - FEB 19, 2016
On tap @Bierhuyske. Pours amber with white creamy head. Aroma is fruity. Taste fruity, hint of caramel, light bitterness.

Alusmamuts (1904) - LATVIA - FEB 9, 2016
Amber clear with rich white head. Bitter aroma. Strong dry bitterness with minimal sweetness around. Medium bitter aftertaste with some dusty feeling.