RATINGS: 775   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Boulevard Pale Ale is a smooth, fruity, well-balanced beer with year-round appeal. A variety of caramel malts imparts a rich flavor and amber color, while liberal use of whole Cascade hops adds zest and aroma. Pale Ale is the first beer we brewed, and continues to be a perennial favorite.

oldrtybastrd (5228) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - FEB 28, 2006
Pours a nice orangish color. Aromas of caramel, malts, and a touch of hops. Flavor is malty with a nice hop bitterness.

BlueFalcon (15) - Savannah, Georgia, USA - FEB 8, 2006
Good fairly bitter tase, quite hoppy, head dissipates quickly. Made me begin to apprecaite pale ales again. Always a nice discovery in odd places (ie, Mulligan’s in Waukon, IA)

SuIIy (1984) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - FEB 3, 2006
12oz bottle from Eboats. Pours a bright orange color with a white foamy head. Lots of racing bubbles throughout. A nice lightly hopped, sweet grainy malt nose. Flavors of grapefruit, light sweet malt, a touch of lemon. Finishes with a light bitterness and a dry pucker mouth. Palate is a bit watery.

OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - FEB 2, 2006
12oz bottle via trade with eboats! - Thanks Caleb! - Pours golden/amber with a short white head that stays pretty well and laces some. Aromas of light grains, some floral and light citrus hops, and a bit of pineapple. Flavor is light malts, some grain, and a touch of floral hops as well. Palate is light and easy drinking. Not much sets this apart from any other pale ales I’ve tried..

eve (240) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JAN 28, 2006
Light fruity smell, bright gold with lots of lively bubbles, tastes very fresh and lively with light malt, apple, and piney hops. When I bought this (on tap) for all the Budweiser drinkers, everyone took one sip and looked up with bright happy expressions.

bullyvard (1) - USA - JAN 18, 2006 does not count
absolutely the best beer in the world i go to my bar and have them fill up an empty gallon of milk carton and i take it home and enjoy it all night

roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2006
Pours a hazy dark orange color with lots of bubbles and a nice layer of foamy white head. Aroma is a bit light, hoppy and floral but still very sweet smelling. Flavor is light and easy drinking, sweet malty with a bit of a bitter hop finish. Weak. Overall, decent, but not fabulous.

Sincere (145) - wichita, Kansas, USA - JAN 7, 2006
Quickly fading head. Great smooth aroma AND taste. Light bodied, but still malty goodness. One of my favorite pale ales at this point in my journey, and it’s fairly local so most bars have it on tap. Across the board, good.

mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - JAN 2, 2006
12oz bottle BB 05/05/06...Pours a slightly(everso) hazy copper color w/ a nice frothy white head...lotsa racing bubbles in the tumbler...Head retention is excellant, leaving a thick lace where it has slightly fallen over the course of 5min or so. This is what I’d call nearly perfect appearance. From there, I go to a faint & faltering nose. Just not there...where is the aroma?? I can’t smell my beer! Trying to delve into the shallow scents I can note some light malt prescence, a bit of phenol resembling plastic or cellophane, and a small brushing of resiny hops. Really, I am stretching to create those things...I’ve been smelling it now off and on for almost 10 min and the only thing I can call a dominate aroma is the bit of plastic...which is probably the hops or yeast...but it doesn’t please me. It is amazing for its near complete lack of aroma. Then I taste it and I see why it doesn’t have much aroma...it doesn’t have much flavor either! Bland. Tastes more like a filtered lager beer than a bottle-conditioned pale ale. Slightly malty...a bit of metal pricks my tongue (all those rushing bubbles)...then a subliminal blend of citric and resin hops to round out the bitter finish. It does have some bitterness, this is at least something...and that plastic tinge comes back too...Very distracting. The head is still solid though, halfway through the glass...impressive. But the watery body isn’t. Every time I drink this beer, I hold onto this hope that I’ll find some redeeming quality in it and I’ll be able to happily drink it from then on...it does look great in the glass, but that isn’t helping my taste buds...the slight hop presence in the finish isn’t enough to redeem this beer from tedium.

zombywoof (467) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - DEC 19, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 19, 2007 Aroma of malt and citirc hop. Fruit hints with balanced flavor. Clean finish. This is my fallback beer in KC- it’s frequently found on tap and is much more preferable to any Anheuser Busch, Coors or Miller beer that would be offered.