RATINGS: 793   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Boulevard Pale Ale is a smooth, fruity, well-balanced beer with year-round appeal. A variety of caramel malts imparts a rich flavor and amber color, while liberal use of whole Cascade hops adds zest and aroma. Pale Ale is the first beer we brewed, and continues to be a perennial favorite.

PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 27, 2004
A good beer. the color is amber. the flavor is slightly fruity but lacks a strong hop identity.

fly (1486) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - FEB 7, 2004
Solid. Well, perhaps just a tad thin, but not hardly. The biterness seemed to fade after just a bit, but I attribute that more to myb excessive hop intake. I think it's really right on the mark. Kansas being relatively close, this is only the third time I've had it. Each time brought to me. This one I picked up in Portlsnd from a former K.C. occupant. Were it available I could easily see this as a great seesion beer. Decent stuff.

haddon90 (1634) - Newport Beach, California, USA - JAN 15, 2004
Great copper pour with a slim white head but such a faint hoppy aroma. I was quite disappointed. Smooth. Light hops. Some floral and fruit in the flavor. Nothing too special though. Even more disappointed with the flavor. Not watered down, just lacking some flavor. But then again I'm a fan of hoppy Pale Ale's so I'll give Boulevard the benefit of the doubt. Had this in Lawrence, KS.

MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JAN 6, 2004
Poured yellow/orange with a thick white head. I smelled this one right away. Big fruity notes of orange and grapefruit. Nicely hopped and great flavor. Very good.

Braudog (6674) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Poured medium yellow-orange with a big malty head. There's just a vague sweet aroma, but the flavor is a zesty wonderful blend of fruity hops and malt. Excellent.

antisnobJP (275) - St. Michael, Minnesota, USA - DEC 24, 2003
Bright copper color with a white, frothy head. Smells of citrus and the shredded wood used for hamster bedding.(not a bad thing). Easy drinking Americn pale with grapefruity hop flavor and decent fruity malt flavor well balanced. A little sweeter and easier quaffing than bottled SNPA. Dry finish with a little sourness. A decent and fairly priced APA.

JK (6090) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Great fruit and floral aroma with cherries. Standard pale ale appearance. Flavors of hops and fruit. This is what a pale ale should be.

Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2003
Reminds me of my very first batch of homebrew; a SNPA clone, only this is quite a bit better. Pours a cloudy amber with a decent head and some lacing. The scent is what first caught me with this beer. Nicely hopped! Some citrus notes, but they're very subtle. Taste is of hops, a little yeasty, though, but well balanced with the malt. It's better than average but nothing special. Mouthfeel is very creamy; nicely done. It's not as crisp as SNPA but it's smoother. Overall this is pretty good considering it didn't come from the PNW... < smirk > Complements of MJR. Thanks, Mark!

Suttree (6358) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Coppery red, Big head. Dusty, sawdust aroma. Earthy haybale, grassy flavors, followed by a crispy, dry bitter finish. Very easy to drink.

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 27, 2003
This is one of the best pale ales I've ever had. I would for sure get this again. Smooth and tasty.