RATINGS: 662   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69/5   SEASONAL: Series   IBU: 23   EST. CALORIES: 276   ABV: 9.2%
Lately it occurs to us that if, back in 1989, you planned on starting a brewery in the back of your carpentry shop, you’d have been wise to seek out someone like Harold "Trip" Hogue. A collector of ancient Volvos, Trip was well-qualified for the make-do engineering required to coax recalcitrant equipment out of retirement and onto making the first Boulevard beers.

The Tripel style originated in the Trappist brewery of Westmalle Abbey in pre-war Antwerp province. Its numeric moniker results from the old Belgian practice of naming beers based on the amount of malt used in the brew. A "Simple" was the lightest-bodied brew. Doubling the malt bill resulted in a "Dubbel", while a "Tripel" contained three times the amount of malt (and, as a result, three times the amount of alcohol.) True to style, our Long Strange Tripel is a golden ale with estery aromas, a dense, creamy head and a sweet finish.

mrhoppy (1196) - Santa Clara, California, USA - DEC 13, 2012
Mesmerising golden oramge color. Aroma and taste are like a very rich silky sweet Saison. I am guessing Saisons and Tripels are linked in some way. North Coast Le Merle to be more to the point.SOB!!!!! Oh my my my this is very very impressive. I hope those folksI in Kansas City realize what they have in their backyard. I never thought I would say this but I kinda want to move to Kansas now? The hops profile is pure genius. Damn fruit fly’s! Every drop is pure magnetism. Perfection!

tsd08460 (1277) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - MAR 10, 2015
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2016 Bottle from Whole Foods Market Fair Lakes Aroma: bubblegum, floral, Appearance: golden, clear, huge head, Taste: medium sweetness, lightly bitter, Palate: full body, creamy, lively, long finish, Overall: great beer, would recommend