overall
RATINGS: 18   MEAN: 2.97/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 99   ABV: 3.3%
A mild, refreshing beer, light amber in color, with a pronounced hop flavor and aroma.

Suttree (6392) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 28, 2002
Good Session beer. Not bad, can drink a lot in one sitting and be tired of it.

JPDIPSO (6223) - Wauwatosa, USA - FEB 10, 2004
Bronze color with a off white head. Light malt and citric hops aromas. Light simple malt flavors with a touch of hopsack. A typical ale.

heemer77 (5358) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - NOV 10, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2004 Light and has a citrus taste. Other than that it is very light. Still has that typical yeast taste of Boulevard.

theisti (4126) - Kansas, USA - AUG 24, 2009
I have been looking for this beer for over three years. I remembered having it years ago, and really wanted to re-visit after moving to Kansas City. Needless to say, this was not an easy beer to find, but eventually I found someone with a bottle laying around, so here it goes. Keep in mind that this beer is quite old, likely over 7 years. Pour is hazed orange copper amber with a one inch off white head that falls pretty quick with decent lacing. Looks nice. Aroma is toasty malt initially, followed by a bright citrus cardboard. The initial aroma was nice, actually. The oxidized aroma passes quickly, and benign crystal malt is left behind. Taste is toasty crystal malt, some light sugar sweetness, and only a whisper of cardboard in the finish. This actually tastes in better shape than some English milds I have had in the bottle. The finish gets a bit dirty, and detracts some. Palate is lightly carbonated, with a nice chewy medium body. Despite the really low abv, this didn’t taste watery in the least, and even despite the years, had some nice character.

TAR (2765) - Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, USA - NOV 2, 2001
A nice, malty ale witha fruitiness twist. Nothing to turn somersalts over.

Indra (2711) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - AUG 19, 2001
UPDATED: DEC 16, 2009 Original rating - 12/00 - Not my favorite Boulevard, but since it’s Boulevard it’s still tasty enough. Amended - I’m not sure an amendment is necessary here, but I’ll do it anyway. Firstly, I was at the brewery last weekend, and was informed that Tenpenny has been discontinued. That being the case, (no pun intended) this will likely be the last 6-pack of this beer that I ever have. Aroma is hoppy and faintly sour. Very ample head and carbonation. Slightly hazy medium amber color. This is quite a hoppy beer, but not with the traditional American fruity-tasting hops. These are more astringent. Finish is very dry. Malt is not very evident. I have to say, if Boulevard was going to discontinue any of their beers, this would be the one I would care least about.

topherh (1928) - Kearney, Missouri, USA - JUL 27, 2009
Pours hazy light brown with a thin white head. Aroma is light malt, sour apple, and tea. Flavor is light and fruitty. Would have been a decent session beer and I am sure it would have been better when fresh.

heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - DEC 4, 2001
A decent amount of flavor considering the alcohol content. Reasonably well balanced. Nothing special, nothing horrible.

MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 22, 2002
Nice citrus aroma, light body thin and watery, no bitterness I can tell, very weak.

milljam (682) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 30, 2009
One of the first bitters I ever tried...wouldn’t try it again. First...not worth the money for the ABV. Second, the flavor was weak and so was the aroma. It reminded me more of a light american lager than anything else.