overall
RATINGS: 1000   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer is a lively, refreshing ale with a naturally citrusy flavor and distinctive cloudy appearance. It is reminiscent of the wheat beers that were brewed at the turn of the century, before the advent of modern filtration. This easy-drinking American-style wheat beer has become our most popular offering, and the best-selling craft beer in the Midwest. 2008 GABF gold medal winner in Session Beer category.

mnstorm99 (26) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 2, 2007
See the name: this beer sounds like it should be good. Looks like a wheat beer, orange & cloudy. Smell: not much there Yeast and spice. Flavor: bland wheat and citrus. I thought it sounded good, but it really wasn’t.

WhitePony813 (5) - USA - APR 30, 2007 does not count
Average Appearance-Pours hazy gold, with a short head retention. Aroma-strong, though I am not sure I like the smell, strong almost soapy notes(possibly a strong yeast smell?). Flavor- Fantastic, absolutely love it. Palate-exceptional, well carbonated. Drinks as well as any beer I’ve had. No foul tastes. This beer reminds me of why I feel in love with craft brews. They have outstanding flavor.

theisti (4126) - Kansas, USA - APR 30, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 7, 2010 <<<RE-RATE 09-August-08>>>
I am not sure if Boulevard tweaked the recipe on this beer or not, but it is tasting MUCH better than I remember. The aroma is brighter, full wheat, citrus and yeast. The flavor is very alive and bright - the wheat balanced nicely with the lemon and orange citrus. Overall, I am enjoying this beer much more than I remember. 6,4,8,3,15 (3.6)

<<<ORIGINAL RATING 30-April-07 >>>
Bottle. Pour is a cloudy yellow with a billowing white head. Aroma is yeast and wheat, and a bit of the hop. Nothing exceptional about taste, straight forward American wheat. I prefer this beer greatly in bottle versus on tap. 6,3,6,3,13 (3.1)

missing (72) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - APR 25, 2007
On tap. Great on the nose. Rich wheat smell mixed with a strong citrus note. Good cloudy orange yellow body with a small head. Unfortunately, the taste did not live up to the aroma. Not bad but a bit thin on the palate for a wheat beer. A decent example overall.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - APR 24, 2007
Had this at the same getto ass bar in wichita. Not much goin on here, its wheaty its light colored and bodied. Id rather have water.

Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 20, 2007
Thanks to KAggie97 for bringing me this beer. Pours a pale straw yellow that is not as unfiltered as you would think. Nose is hay and light hefe esters. Very light and thin with some lemon and clove flavors, but the leave quickly. Fast finish.

thomasacross (129) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - APR 17, 2007
Draft at Ciao Bella, Edina, MN. An acceptable wheat. Somewhat watery on draft. Light and refreshing with citrus flavors but spice was very slight. Drinkable and easy.

SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - APR 15, 2007
On tap and in bottles. This is one of the best American Wheats I have sampled. Notes of orange and clove. A good yeasty aroma. Smooth.

keith0718 (434) - Kansas, USA - APR 13, 2007
I’m not a big wheat beer fan, but found myself really enjoying this one when eating out at a Mexican joint. Smooth and citrusy.

dannyb (5) - webster groves, Missouri, USA - APR 5, 2007 does not count
Bottled in KC, MO this Wheat beer is sure to please nice body - Has a very smooth taste and is my preference in the wheat catergory-