overall
RATINGS: 182   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Moo Joos combines the full body of a Milk Stout with the silky smoothness of an Oatmeal Stout. Lactose sugar in the boil contributes a full and creamy mouthfeel while toasted and flaked oats in the mash round out the beer with an oily texture. A deep malt bill builds layers of roasty notes with hints of chocolate, coffee and anise. A traditional British Cask Yeast is then pitched, which leaves us with a fruity, malty ale.

Englishatheart (10) - North Dakota, USA - JUN 4, 2014
Fantastic beer. This brewery has achieved something great here. As good as Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout Smooth coffee and chocolate taste. Alcohol content not high enough to mess you up. as a result, leaves a refreshing taste. no complaints here.

Jndubbs (120) - Austin, Iowa, USA - MAY 2, 2012
Smooth, super dark pour with no head. Sweet, nutty chocolate taste with zero bitter aftertaste. One of my favorite stouts.

jebert (500) - Watertown, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 24, 2014
Pours an opaque black with a finger sized tan head. Nose is caramel, molasses and malt. Thick viscosity and very creamy on the palate. The taste is full of dark roasted malt, oats, caramel and a hint of coffee. A touch of hops on the finish helps this beer to stay dry and not too sweet. An excellent milk stout. Try it with barbeque chicken.

MinnyBeer88 (1) - - APR 16, 2015 does not count
Probably my favorite milk stout yet. A sweet start with a slightly bitter finish, pairs perfectly with any burger or pork sandwich.

MetalNHopHead (2129) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - AUG 11, 2015
While I appear to develop a speech impediment whenever I try to talk about this beer (even though I know Joos is supposed to sound like "juice" as a clever way of rhyming with Moo, I keep saying it phonetically like "Jews"), I have no hindrances when it comes to enjoying the stuff. Some Stouts take a little time to grow on me. I liked this one as soon as I smelled it. Toasted oats, light coffee, and hint of vanilla-like sugar. Taste is redolent of chocolate, cream, rich malt, and a bit of black licorice. Moo Joos is one of my latest favorites among other awesome Sweet Stouts. Now if only I can learn to say its damn name.

13mikey (503) - New Hope, Minnesota, USA - MAR 3, 2011
12 oz bottle from the Four Firkins. Dark brown pour with a creamy tan head. Amazing aromas and flavors of roasty chocolate and coffee, creamy mouthfeel, smooth finish. Fantastic beer, I’ll be drinking lots of them!

DavoleBomb (1867) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 21, 2011
Poured into a snifter. 3.0 A: Black color. Just about one finger of light brown head that fell quickly and left no lacing. 5.0 S: Wonderful interplay of lactose and chocolate. Actually, there’s a good hit of coffee in there as well, so this is much like a mocha latte. Light roastiness and plenty of oats. This is incredibly intense, but also incredibly appealing. Excellent! 4.5 T: Taste is a lot like the nose. Lactose, chocolate, and coffee flavors do the trick again. Oats, a light roastiness, and grainy malts add complexity. Really nice again. 4.5 M: Medium body. Good moderate carbonation. Reasonably creamy and insanely smooth. 5.0 D: The taste could have easily been a five. This is a damn tasty brew and shockingly close to Cowbell in terms of flavor profile and quality. I think I need to get ahold of several more of these. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 05-05-2011 04:41:10

borman11 (16) - minneapolis, USA - SEP 22, 2012
bottle. pours well. not too heavy a head. slightly bitter/burnt taste to start with a satisfying, sweet finish. usually not a huge fan of this style, but this isn’t too heavy. would not hesitate to buy another six-pack.

AnokaBrewer (208) - Anoka, Minnesota, USA - OCT 22, 2012
Had it on tap at Jack O’Connor’s. Almost no head. Dark brown almost black in color. Sweet taste and sweet finish. I would look for this beer again.

duchowbob (9) - Windsor, Wisconsin, USA - APR 20, 2012 does not count
Really nice complexity with relatively good balance. Found this to be quite pleasant and inviting of the 2nd Pint!