overall
RATINGS: 805   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.41%
Subtlety. That's what makes our Avalanche amber ale such a treat. We blend pale and caramel malts -- and just a kiss of bittering hops -- to create a refreshing-but-flavorful, any-time beer. Aromas of pale grains, a semi-sweet middle and a clean-as-Colorado-snow finish make this our best-selling beer.

SupermanDoha (5) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - SEP 1, 2004 does not count
This beer is another in the fine world of Breckinridge beers. This is a great tasting beer to go great with a nice frosted glass to enhance the flavor. I enjoy this beer anytime of the day or week and recommend it to those in need of a good tasting brew.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 2, 2002
i guess call me strange i’m going against the flow on this one i thought this was a good one or maybe thats the other beer’s talking and this one needs to be rated again later.yah thats it rate again later

AWMiller (512) - Mansfield, Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2011
Definitely going to be a staple brew in my fridge! This brew poured up a dark copper-colored body with a two-finger thick foamy head that dissipated somewhat quickly and left nice lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of oranges, dark sugars, caramel. Flavors of the same but they are very, very intense and well-balanced. Light- to medium-bodied, lightly carbonated, smooth and easy to drink with a crisp, clean finish with just a slight bite.

mjmoen (534) - - JUL 9, 2017
B. Pours a clear golden color with white head. A little light on flavor, but well balanced and refreshing

thewired1 (17) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 28, 2014
Had this beer in a can and poured in a frosty pint. Very tasty. Slightly sweet / caramel taste with lovely nitro head!

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 25, 2004
My roommate and I had one of these in memory of Pat Tillman, a true American hero in every sense of the word. One of the best amber ales I've tried.

Cybercat (5830) - Georgia, USA - NOV 17, 2007
Pours a very nice dark golden brown. Aroma is spicy and hoppy with some malt hints. Flavor is malty and spicy, with a little bit of a hop bite and plenty of malty smoothness. This is a delicious and very drinkable beer, perfect for a cold night.

Murph06 (121) - Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2001
Very nice dark amber color. Nutty and sweet balance. Hint of Clover-like aroma. Peppery finish.

Damico (3147) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2009
It has a malty aroma and a pure amber color. It is delicious in a light and pure sense, with no additions.

Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 25, 2004
UPDATED: APR 26, 2004 I was liking what breckenridge brewery did with the taste of this amber ale. Very smoothe but a little thin. This is the beer my roomate adn I drank after the great pat tillman fell. What a hero he was and now i am proud to have him as my picture. I wish i can be half as american as him