overall
RATINGS: 1423   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Who would have thought deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea and Madagascar grew the perfect ingredient to build an extraordinary Porter in Colorado? An ale that has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic Porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure, real vanilla bean. Breckenridge Brewery’s Vanilla Porter. A vanilla kiss in a rich, dark sea.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Jabah (880) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - APR 23, 2018
I wasn't feeling this that much. A little sweet for a porter, maybe vanilla overwhelmed the malts. Decent hop finish, but had to get thru the sweetness first. Aroma was also sort of skunky. First sample from Breckenridge, but will pass on this in the future.

BPal75 (34) - - APR 15, 2018
Might have been an off bottle. Tastes a bit oxidized and I get no vanilla in the aroma which I expect in a vanilla porter. It was all sweet toffee malt ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

lavaaaron (206) - - APR 14, 2018
This is very light, dark dark color but there is little body and flavor to this. Very carbonated and the vanilla is a little watered down if not a touch bananay. Not sure this used actual vanilla pods as it lacks some of the real vanilla notes and flavor profile. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

theteoyboyz (7) - - APR 10, 2018 does not count
Good for a nice change. It tastes light. My wife bought it and had a couple too. Would buy again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Beerwithwings (440) - Hampshire, ENGLAND - APR 8, 2018
UPDATED: APR 8, 2018 Had on bottle at a bar. Is okay does have a good vanilla side to it which I like although I want more vanilla.

shanoknowsfood (111) - Hawaii, USA - APR 2, 2018
Bottle at Publix. Dark brown and medium head that dissipated quickly. Aroma of dark chocolate, malt, and fruits. Very little vanilla flavor, was more chocolate and roast. A bit thin & watery. A little bland on the back-end. Not great but not bad. Wouldn't recommend and would not have another. but i was thirsty for a dark brew and this was the best they had..

Gothfireparadox640 (3) - - MAR 13, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2018 Wasn’t a bad beer, deep heavy flavor, but not as much vanilla flavor as I was hoping for with something called a vanilla porter. Had a heavier chocolate note more than anything else, it was ok overall, just not what I was hoping for.

bertman31 (6) - - MAR 10, 2018 does not count
With a name like vanilla Porter I’m a sucker for anything that has a hint of vanilla in it and being from Breckenridge Colorado I love Colorado so I was really psyched for this beer but fucking disappointment enabled me to say no I’m gonna pass on this it’s bland it’s me it’s just middle of the road piss water ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

cruik (72) - - JAN 28, 2018
Pours a deep cola brown. Light smell of milk and chocolate malts. Light grain taste with despite the color. The vanilla works nicely and unobtrusively into the taste. Light body and moderate carbonation make this a drinkable and easy beer. Tasty.

mulbila (28) - - JAN 28, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 28, 2018 Dark brown pour with a creamy tan head. Smells creamy with chocolate malts. The vanilla flavor comes through clearly but is not overpowering. Silky, chocolatey, and creamy. Very drinkable, as promised.