overall
RATINGS: 1420   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Who would have thought deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea and Madagascar grew the perfect ingredient to build an extraordinary Porter in Colorado? An ale that has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic Porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure, real vanilla bean. Breckenridge Brewery’s Vanilla Porter. A vanilla kiss in a rich, dark sea.

pressboxjoe (464) - , New Jersey, USA - SEP 20, 2009
Bottle. No head at all. Roasty imperial aroma, sweet, but no vanilla. I do get vanilla in the drinking though - after a few sips, a wallop! Then another! A bit reminiscent of vanilla coke, but enough like a porter to stand apart.

billism (44) - Missouri City, Texas, USA - OCT 26, 2009
Pours very deep brown, small off white head that diminishes quickly. Aroma of earthy porter with a hint of vanilla. Medium to light body mouth palate. Lightly roasted malts and vanilla flavor immediately. Not bad. This is my first vanilla porter, so take my ratings with a grain of salt.

djd07 (16452) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 16, 2009
On tap at flying saucer. Pours a very dark brown with a snall frothy light tan head that diminishes quickly leaving sticky lacing. The aroma is a faint roast and caramel. Medium mouthfeel with a sweet roast and vanilla. Easy to drink a good porter from Breckenridge.

matthewjk (1142) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 17, 2009
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2013 Enjoyed this one on tap and from bottle on the same day! This porter might have been supurb if it had a better malt / hop balance. The vanilla is very nice, but it can’t compensate for a mediocre base. I must say, however, it is quite drinkable and would purchase again. On tap is a little better.

MtStateBeer (84) - Hurricane, West Virginia, USA - DEC 2, 2009
12 oz. bottle. Pours a coca cola brown with a reddish hue, decent frothy light brown head, good lacing. Aroma is roasted malts, nuts, coffee, and vanilla. Flavor is vanilla, caramel and roasted malts, and a touch of chocolate. Mouthfeel is thin for a porter, creamy, and a roasted bitterness at the end. Pretty good, a little too much sweetness.

notalush (5985) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - DEC 11, 2009
Tap at a local restaurant - you pretty much need to love vanilla to like this beer, as it is almost all that I really taste - don’t get me wrong, it compliments the beer’s creamy body, and light hints of roasted malt, but that vanilla is sure potent - some notes of black malt and a hint of maple way in the back - rather full-flavored for a low ABV brew - just soooo much vanilla.

andyhwcinc (1886) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 26, 2009
I thought I was a vanilla fan so I decided to try this brew. It turns out that I’m not THAT much of a vanilla fan. Aroma and taste are overpowered by the vanilla, it’s rather creamy with a roasty malt aftertaste, but the vanilla is a hint too much. It’s not necessarily bad, but I wouldn’t drink more than one or two.

slayer02348 (103) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - DEC 31, 2009
Pours out dark brown bordering on black with a very thin head. Aroma is of chocolate and somewhat roasty. Roasted chocolate taste with a slight vanilla note present in the finish.

bhensonb (16130) - Woodland, California, USA - DEC 31, 2009
Bottle from Archer Liquors. Pours dark brown with a decent light tan head. Aroma of dark toast, but not sure about vanilla. Medium body with sharp, creamy carbonation. Now I’m sure about the vanilla. Pretty present. An interesting variant. Not a style of porter I would chase after.

weitz15 (635) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 5, 2010
Thin dark brown pour with a lacy tan head. Aroma of coffee and malts. Initial flavor of hops and malts, but a hint of vanilla "feeling" comes in during the drink. Its hard to describe, I don’t taste the vanilla but I definitely sense it. I really wanted to taste it though.