overall
Brewed by BrewDog
Style: Amber Ale
Ellon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

RATINGS: 1795   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
5am Saint is The Holy Grail of red ales. We live in a world of disposable deities. Someone, somehow has managed to press that big, flashing moronic override button and we’re hard wired straight into the pockets of false idols trying to make a quick buck. Sadly, for a lot of people the same mentality applies to beer. But who’s to know what’s worth worshiping when monolithic advertising budgets have you sucked down the rabbit hole in the blink of an eye? At BrewDog we are on a mission to open as many people’s eyes as possible. Cast away any aspersions and let the crook of BrewDog be your guide in a whirlwind of conformity and mediocrity. Once this ruby liquid forms a foamy halo around your glass, you’ll never want to look back.
Malts: Maris Otter, Caramalt, Munich Malt, Crystal and Dark Crystal Malts
Hops:Cascade, Amarillo, Nelson Sauvin, Simcoe, Ahtanum, Centennial
Twist: Loads of late hops and bucket-loads of dry hops

HippyDavie (1) - SCOTLAND - OCT 15, 2011 does not count
Most refreshing, complex tasting beer I’ve had in ages. This is beer that really hits the spot with me; it’s completely satisfying! :-)

Packie (3) - - AUG 12, 2013 does not count
Outstanding creation from Brewdog. Fruity and hoppy on the nose, bittersweet on the tongue and doesn’t hurt that it looks gorgeous in the glass. The king of beers.

Olivavu (7) - Kent, ENGLAND - FEB 28, 2014 does not count
This is a beautiful amber ale. Deep flavour, great hops, lovely malt and just a fantastic brew:

lukka (3) - - APR 17, 2016 does not count
Very nice, light beer with hint of red fruits. Not too bitter, not too sweet - just perfect for me.

dandansince86 (2) - ENGLAND - DEC 10, 2009 does not count
Reddish amber colour with a small head. Fruity, malty nose with grapefruit, pine, caramel and that fresh hoppy smell. Fruity, hoppy taste with notes of caramel, with citrussy hops in the finish. Slightly malt feel! and Very Drinkable!

mcbewley (4) - - MAY 3, 2013 does not count
One of my faves on draught lovely bittet taste and full of aroma brewdog at there best should be their flagship beer

Kayl1977 (17) - AUGNY, FRANCE - NOV 6, 2016
Mon Saint Graal Personnel. Brewdog est véritablement la brasserie coup de coeur pour moi: des bières sans concessions avec une véritable identité aromatique! cet red ale ne coupe pas à la tradition! elle est juste superbe

tom_clift (44) - Carnegie, AUSTRALIA - OCT 14, 2010
Bottle. Brilliant. Big resiny American hop aroma and flavour with medium hop bitterness. Good mid-roast maltiness. Very hoppy for an amber... could equally be a malty IPA. Nicely balanced.

BlackEyePA (573) - USA - NOV 25, 2010
This beer is phenomenal! I drank some while in a bar in London, "the Rake" it was. Well, I was truly amazed, the color, smell and flavor, made me want to stick with this all night, but with the selection in the bar had me trying all kinds. So long story short, I loved this one, everything these guys touch turns to magic in my mouth, yeah I said it, and Im not ashamed, I would cup the bottle, push it to the back of my throat and swallow the suds! No lie, good stuff.

Hirotoma (471) - Bologna, ITALY - FEB 2, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2012 Veramente ottima! Un’altra birra della BrewDog fantastica!!! Anche piu’ buona della punk ipa, forse perche’ l’ho ritrovata anche meno amara. Si presenta subito bene con uno splendido colore ambrato una schiuma color crema e non persistente, l’odoro e’ simile alla punk ma meno intenso e piu’ gradevole il sapore e’ meraviglioso floreale, erbaceo e anche un po’ futtato, il finale e’ leggermente amaro! La migliore della BrewDog!!!