Brewer's Art Scarlet Fever

Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 98   ABV: 3.25%
Our lactic, slightly sour red ale.

Most RecentTicked By

tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - JAN 6, 2005
As a RU student, this beer brought me back to the ol raritan. The bartender said many people are not aware of this style and feel sick, though I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very fruity with a bit of sourness to it. Though not a session beer, its a good change of scenery and a fine example of the style.

hopdog (13102) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 25, 2004
On tap at Brewers Art. Poured a medium orange color. Citirs fruity aroma and tastes. Sour finish.

egajdzis (6730) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2003
A dark amber color with an off white head and some lacing. Sour fruit aroma, rather dull. Taste started off sour cherry, and finished like water with a weak mouthfeel.

JFGrind (2071) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 17, 2003
Brewers Art kegs keep showing up at my local watering hole (Grey Lodge Pub). I don't believe Brewers Art brewed this Sour Ale to quaff while watching college football, and maybe that's why it did not score high with me. I tried but could not get past the tartness of this beer.

HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Very light in body. The palate is very tart. The beer finishes way too hoppy (herbal) for the style. An average beer.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 26, 2003
Red brown with small beige head. Aroma is mild sweet cherry. Taste is sour cherry. Medium/light body, slightly acidic.