overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 161   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Farm Hand: French Style Farmhouse Ale 5.5% abv 16 oz Becher glass There was a time in old world France when nearly every family farm had a brewery. A necessary part of farm life was to provide a ration of beer to sustain and nourish the laborers and beer was safer to drink than the water of the time. Farmhand is our interpretation of what these rustic beers must have been like. It is slightly cloudy from being made with raw un-malted grains a nd a simple single infusion mash procedure.

beergearbox (63) - London, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 15, 2017
Can. Here's to loving, to romance, to us. May we travel together through time. We alone count as none, but together we're one, For our partnership puts love to rhyme.

Aggie80 (827) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2017
Poured from a can. Slightly cloudy yellow with white head and some lacing. Citrus malt aroma with some esters. Finish is slightly bitter with a nice palate cleanser that paired will with my shrimp and grits.

60minuteman (1765) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 30, 2017
Pounder can. Clear yellow with big white head. Citrus malt forward, hop, wheat and spice aroma. Finish is prickly bitter with restaurant style lemon. It isn’t classic saison but it remedies nicely.

olenickj (116) - Michigan, USA - MAR 8, 2017
Draft. Aroma: Grassy, some hay. App: Cloudy ellow, no head. Taste: Hey and a bit of citrus. Palate: Medium body, ok finish. Over: Ok, not great.

Hopper8 (227) - Holland, Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2016
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2017 Having heard so much good about Brewery Vivant I was very excited to try this beer, but it’s awful. It smells musty, it looks like a lager, it originally tastes like a lager than gets this weird sour bitterness. It’s awful. *Tried this a second time, buddy loves it. Actually a pretty good beer, must have been a bad keg when I had it first. It’s actually really good.

rosenbergh (11760) - Tampere, FINLAND - SEP 19, 2016
1 pint can. (Marathon) Alto, MI.
Yesterday evening we were going to visit Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids but then my son decided that it’s not a good idea. So we went to the hotel instead. I’m not saying if it was a good choice or not. Anyhow I decided to buy this beer to see if we really missed something. Let’s see. Slightly cloudy yellow golden color with a small white head. Apple, yeast, some basement and malt in the aroma. The flavor is dryish malt, mild hops, fruitiness, apple and some basement. Drinkable.

bubblehouse (1554) - louisville, Kentucky, USA - JUL 1, 2016
Not bad but nothing special. Pours a murky gold color with muddled aroma. Would drink again.

77ships (10844) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - MAY 8, 2016
Can sampled @ Hopishop #3. Clear golden with no head. Nose is weird, oily metallic dull corn, sugar, white sugar, hay sweet grains. Taste is dull metallic oily corn, touch of butter, white sugar, apple, oily grains. Oily, soft carbonation, touch of butter. Wow this one is weak, almost flirting with pale lager territory notes. Weak man.

mfhennig (285) - McHenry County, Illinois, USA - MAR 15, 2016
Pours a cloudy golden color, white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma is bread, grass and a hint of lemon. Flavor is mostly dough and bread. Not my favorite style of beer, but probably one of the better farmhouse ales I’ve tried. It came in a variety 9 pack. Anxious to try the rest.

Msdrbeat (780) - East Lansing, USA - FEB 28, 2016
At Tin Can canned. Nice spreading mouth feel. Not super carbonated. Enjoyable but I'm all stuffed up and can't smell well.