overall

RATINGS: 975   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Deep golden in color, BridgePort IPA has an assertive and fragrant hop character from the two full pounds of Cascade, Chinook, Goldings, Crystal and Ahtanum hops in every barrel.

jgb9348 (6250) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - AUG 16, 2003
Slightly hazy golden colour with a very subtle orange tint. A nice frothy white head stays on top for a while. Very high a.a. hops were used in the dry-hop process for this beer, as the aroma is mouth-watering! It smells similar to the beer I brewed with Gallena and Northern Brewer, so they might have used one or both of those in this beer. Some citrus is noticeable as well in the aroma. The taste is initially hopppy with citrus highlights, and subsides to a nice subtle malty palate. Medium bodied...perfect for the style with a great aftertaste that isn't too bittering, nor too clean. This is an IPA to drink every day of the week, not as strong as the Stone, but not as weak as a DFH 60 Minute. One of the better IPA's i've had, and this is my favourite style. Worth trying to find if you might be able to find it. It's very common on the west coast, but if you are in Washington, try going to the Brick...they are supposed to keep it on stock, but every time I asked for it, they didn't have it. The back of my botte read: 10003, but I don't know what that translates into. I bought my 12 ounce bottle from Total Beverage in Thornton (Denver), Colorado.

SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - AUG 6, 2003
Almost no head and it has an orange tint to it. The taste is a little sweet at first and it has a slight bitter finish. It tastes as if there is a touch of orange fruitiness (presumably from all the hops) and the alcohol is there on the palate. Not bad, not great.

haddon90 (1634) - Newport Beach, California, USA - JUL 25, 2003
Overall, the beer isn't bad. But I don't think it's a good IPA. Very good aroma, but I think an IPA has the hoppy head that sticks to the side of the glass. Kinda of a bite to the hoppy taste. Like I said, I don't think it was a great IPA, but it is a good beer.

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - JUL 18, 2003
A great IPA. Good hop bite. A little light on the alcohol for an IPA but not bad. I'd like just a touch more malt to this one.

microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 22, 2003
I had this on cask at Bridgeport on Hawthorne in Portland,OR. A hazy golden ale. A hoppy bitter aroma with grapefruit. The flavor was a wonderful grapefruit, hops and citrus. A nice medium body. Very nice.

GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 21, 2003
Nice mouthfeel, good hops flavor and "bite." Grew on me as I drank it. A top notch IPA. Good choice, RaginCajun's girl!

BeaverBrown (245) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 15, 2003
Cask. Cloudy yellow. Smell of hops and grapefruit. Taste of hops and grapefruit. Slightly astringent.

RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 12, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 7, 2004 My girlfriend brought this to me as a souvenier from her trip to Seattle. What a girl!! Slightly cloudy golden color with bubbles. Foamy white head. Fruity aroma, orange comes to mind. Smells very appetizing. The best IPA I've had to date (which isn't too many). Perfect amount of hops for me. Pretty sweet for a beer, and plenty of carbonation. Very good beer; I'll defintely try this again.

shaeffbser (70) - Vail, Colorado, USA - MAY 30, 2003
cloudy golden white head. hopy nice fragrant smell. with hopy bitter taste. strong carb. the way a casadia IPA should taste.

loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - MAY 18, 2003
Hazy orange color with a rocky white head. The aroma was very fruity...orange, grapefruit, and some nice floral tones as well. The flavor was sweet...a little too sweet for an IPA. I agree with jazz88 that this seems more like an APA. I also agree with alcfron that towards the end this tasted very much like a child's orange drink...fascinating. Nice session ale.