overall

RATINGS: 931   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Deep golden in color, BridgePort IPA has an assertive and fragrant hop character from the two full pounds of Cascade, Chinook, Goldings, Crystal and Ahtanum hops in every barrel.

jgseley (7) - California, USA - FEB 3, 2005 does not count
Simply the finest Pacific Northwest offers- nice lasting head, inviting citurs aroma and just the right amount of hops to set you on your way. cheers, Gromit.

eswallow29 (2) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 18, 2005 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 31, 2005 I’ve lived all over the world. This is the best beer I’ve ever had. God Bless Bridgeport! It’s a bitter IPA with a deep, fruity flavor. Excellent lacing hints at the strength of flavor. Unlike most beers, the flavor is strong with subtle peaks of taste throughout.

Lovemybrewski (5) - USA - DEC 27, 2005 does not count
I am biased because I am an IPA lover, but this has to be the hands-down best IPA on earth. The aroma is wonderful, and the flavor is fabulous. The "buzz" after one beer leaves one reminiscing of sitting in a dark woody brewpub atmosphere and enjoying all that surrounds you. Thank heavens this Oregon microbrew is available in bottles here in Texas

supermickau (2) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - DEC 14, 2012 does not count
Wonderful opening aroma with full bodied flavour that does not dissapoint. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DamnGoodBeer99 (13) - Shingle Springs, California, USA - MAR 14, 2002
This is a terrific IPA. In fact, I just had one after sampling a few bottles a couple weeks ago and I liked it even better this time around. I was wondering what the aftertaste may have come from but someone said it’s ’pears’. Hmmmmmm. I wonder if I can get hoppy pears in the store! Great all-around IPA. I’d rank this right in there with Stone’s, & Speakeasy’s. All three are excellent!

PDXChuck (3) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 20, 2004 does not count
Best IPA I have ever encountered. IPAs typically overpower with hops, more like fermented hops juice than beer. This one has very strong hops flavors and smells without being only hops. If I am feeling like an IPA, this is the one I get.

wingerx (1) - broomfield, Colorado, USA - JUL 6, 2005 does not count
We generally keep a varied selection of IPA’s in the fridge, but Bridgeport IPA is the only constant, as it’s the best IPA we’ve found. Excellent balance, taste and aroma. Currently, my favorite beer - period.

hilladen99 (25) - Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA - AUG 7, 2001
..................................................

Dragon99 (57) - Laramie, Wyoming, USA - NOV 3, 2001
One of my favorite IPA’s. Just the right amount of hops to know you’ve just had an IPA. Fruity aroma. Nice head. This is a bottle-conditioned beer that was won many awards.