overall
RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.06/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Our upcoming summer seasonal is not your father’s pilsner. Bright gold in color, this pilsner harkens back to its true European origins with a flavor that’s light and refreshing, yet absolutely memorable. German pilsen barley lends a traditional malt component, while fine Czech and German hops add a nice snap. On June 8, the beer will be released in bottles and distributed on tap throughout Colorado.
Beer Specifications
Hops: German Hallertauer, Czech Saaz
Alcohol: 5.0% ABV
IBUs: (est.): 27

That1Guy (2237) - Colorado, USA - JUL 2, 2012
12 oz bottle pours a slightly hazy brite yellow with a lingering white head. Earthy, malty, slightly hoppy aroma, with a hint of hay and grass. Flavor of light malt, light hops, and some more grass. Finishes crisp and refreshing. A nice, sessionable, tasty pils.

cubs (10677) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 5, 2012
Bottle @ home. Clear, yellow appearance with a cream colored head. Light skunk, grassy, hay, a bit herbal, pils malty aroma. Light vanilla, grainy pils malty, straw, hay, light fruity flavor with a dry, straw finish. Pretty decent.

csaso (2320) - Missouri, USA - MAY 9, 2012
Tap - small foamy head, pale gold color, decently balanced noble hop/pils aroma and flavor

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - DEC 15, 2011
Of the Sampler Pak I bought in Ft. Collins, this was my favorite beer. Classic Pilsner taste, clean and crisp, very drinkable. Started as well as it finished. I would stock this beer in my cellar. I enjoyed this one very much!!!

Beershine (5224) - VANCOUVER, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 7, 2011
Draft @ taproom. Bright yellow. Spicy hop overtones, but the real highlight is the really fresh bright pure pale malt. Quaffable beer. Good crisp spicy hops in the finish make it a winner. Although it doesn’t stand up well to food, it’s pretty nice.

Oakes (18200) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 4, 2011
Slightly hazy straw. The aroma is quite herbal and continental. Some herbal character - half German, half Czech. Ok, but maybe a touch light. Goes better with food than it does on its own. Just enough bitterness.

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 12, 2011
bottle. paler yellow, slightly hazed like a American hefe. light aroma of somewhat sweet malts and floral & perfumy hops. Taste/flavor is light sweetness, floral hops, clean summer ale. Unobtrusive, easy drinking uncomplex

GarrettB (1621) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 11, 2011
Garret Oliver’s tome on beer and beer pairings has enlightened me. That touch of sulfur, that wisp of eggy stench is actually an appropriate addition to a good pilsner. I can see that. One of my family’’s favorite recreation spots growing up as a nearby town featuring natural hot springs, including one that smelled like a vat of long forgotten Easter eggs. I became inured to the smell, and became fond it, a sort of bizzaro Madeline of road trips long past. Consequently I don’t shy away from sulfur when it rears its jaundiced head. It’s a tolerable smell, even welcome. I affiliate it with sub-surface geologic healthiness, and know that it is simply a mineral, which in my head sounds much more sterile than rotting eggs or decomposing road kill. Unfortunately, Bristol Brewery’s Yellow Kite is cursed with such a strong aroma and taste of sulfur that it goes way beyond what my palate can tolerate. The smell is both crisp and light, a nod to the pilsner malt, but there’s a lurking smell of sulfur and a hit of a septic aroma. Images of lightly used portable toilets appear in my head with each smell, putting me off from the beer entirely. This off-taste carries over to the flavor too, where ample carbonation makes its best efforts to cleanse my palate of the unpleasant septic taste, but it never works hard enough. While I enjoy Bristol Brewery and think of them as a gift Colorado College’s craft beer drinkers, the Yellow Kite is disappointing and even a little gross.

1.4
onceblind (10109) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 30, 2011
Clear straw yellow, with a big fluffy head. Smells like a corny pills with a hefty dose of dark toast. So-so taste, a little too dry and pilsner malted. A big meh. Didn’t finish.

tennessejed420 (940) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 18, 2011
fresh bottle. Pours slightly orange gold with frothy white head. Light aroma of cake, floral hops. Medium bodied, pretty creamy feel for a pilsener. Flavor is at first mildly hoppy, then malty, then hoppy again on the finish, with a lasting bitterness that actually kind of reminds me of the bitterness of a pill. Overall not bad, but I find this kind of bitterness on the finish to be slightly astringent.