overall
RATINGS: 2205   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale, originally a summer seasonal, has been getting raves since becoming a year round offering in 1996. Garrett Oliver, a student of English brewing and beer history, uses English malts and hops to brew his EIPA in the classic, heavily-hopped style of the 19th century beers created for British soldiers serving in India.

Carden1972's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Carden1972 (11) - Montgomery, Maryland, USA - APR 4, 2013
Wierd nose. Kinda bittersweet cocoa. Mouthfeel somewhat thick. Crystal clear brew. Decent brew taste but the hops seemed strange.

oldbear (2) - Paris, FRANCE - DEC 9, 2017 does not count
One of my favorite beer at the moment, with a great bitter tasting and a floral smell

kovica (338) - Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 3, 2017
Bottle. Amber color with white head. Malt and fruit aroma. Citrus, fruit, hop and bitter taste. Bitter finish

deepdrinker (322) - Leeds, ENGLAND - NOV 26, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2017 medium amber colour, malty hop aroma. Tastes strong with good use of hops, medium body , nice finish

Lunkie (1964) - Glen Iris, AUSTRALIA - NOV 18, 2017
Hop spice malt aroma. Clear Amber colour poor head and lacing. Malt herbal spice malt flavour. Fizzy palate. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

kevinsenn (2294) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 8, 2017
Bottle at some jazz bar in Greenwich Village. Bitter and metallic. An ok alternative to the lagers that were available.

Bill Becker (1915) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 2, 2017
From Feb 2008

I got this bottle in a trade with Nutbrown. Thanks Alan!

It pours from 12oz bottle a clear gold with a 1 finger head of foam.

The smell is equal portions of pungent hops and sweet malt and a note of mint.

The taste on first sip is both hoppy and malty with the hops*grassy) just eeking out the malt. Further sips in and the malty character subsides somewhat leaving the hops to dominate...and there's a minty/fruity flavour in the background as well. The mouthfeel is medium and it finishes with a bitter bite that I quite enjoy when I'm in the mood for it. And I am...;^)

I tried this a few years ago and, iirc, I thought it was a touch maltier than what I'm sipping on today but it's still a good drop and I'd put it in my regular rotation if it was available locally.

nohopspleez (84) - Georgia, USA - OCT 31, 2017
sorry - WAY TOO MUCH HOPS!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!
the taste was not noticed as I gagged on the OVERLOAD of hops.

my gosh, there ARE other ingredients to be used in beer.

ChrisOfstad (367) - Hamar, NORWAY - OCT 31, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 31, 2017 0,5 litre draft at T.G.I Fridays Gardermoen. Golden with medium head. Fruity, bitter finnish.

MatusBeer (807) - Košice, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - OCT 30, 2017
Bottle. Aroma of citrus fruits. Taste of grapefruits, limes,grassy,caramel sweetness, hoppy light bitter finish

ironcontra (493) - ATL, Georgia, USA - OCT 29, 2017
Somewhat on the sweet side and a little onedimensional, sweet but with that vanilla / butter tinge, taste quickly dissolves, not too hoppy