overall
RATINGS: 2465   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Brooklyn Lager, the Brewery's flagship label, is New York's "hometown" beer, brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Brooklyn Lager has won numerous awards. Wrote Michael Jackson in the Simon & Schuster Pocket Guide to Beer: "The dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, flavourful, Brooklyn Lager **-*** started well, in 1988, and has gained in character since."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dolemite77 (184) - Maryville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 18, 2008
Pours a clear burnt orange, with a rocky tan head. Aroma smells stronger of hops than most lagers, and the flavor matches it. This beer has much more going for it than I thought. The crisp malt on the back end of this is about all I can pick out that I would qualify as a lager. The flavor is rich and hoppy. The presence of the hops almost push this into more of a pale ale flavor profile.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerViking (4519) - Brentford, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 16, 2008
Bottled import. Pours red-amber with a big but short-lived head. The nose is malt with hints of fruit candy; then as it loses its chill, a floral scent emerges. Full bodied for a lager, with a very nice balance of malt and bitter, and a crisp aromatic and bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dmtroyer (431) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2008
12oz. Wow, what a surprise! Pours amber red with a white head that disappears pretty quickly. Nose is sweet malt, red hots (cinnamon candy), and a bit of fig. Body is much more straight forward with some significant body for a lager... mostly bread-like yeasts, I have to say I am not a huge fan of the finish. A bit thin up front, but overall I am very impressed.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dwyerpg (5922) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 14, 2008
Wow, this really smells quite nice. A little fruity, hoppy. This is pretty tasty.Much hoppier than most lagers. A good crisp bite.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
iammarc (385) - Inverness, SCOTLAND - AUG 13, 2008
Bottle, supermarket. Enjoyable crisp lager. Good thirst finisher. A good goldy colour. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jwatkins56550 (17) - USA - JUL 31, 2008
This is a lager? Tastes more like an ale, but that’s what I love about it. The lager yeast come through in the finish, nice clean and crisp, while the upfront taste bursts with flavor. Malt dominates here but that’s not to say hops aren’t present, they are definitetly there but I feel the malts need to be stronger for the finish to be balanced. A very quaffable beer! Garret Oliver knows his way around a beer and a complimentary dish, and with this is beer, he did very well. At least for my palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 31, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2008 Having gotten home from working both my jobs today, I decided what better way to relax then through quaffing my Brooklyn Lager. I also rather enjoy a crisp lager with my sushi if I cant have sake.
Poured a clean golden yellow from 12 oz bottle into my lager glass, leaving a good layer of foam on the top which still lingers, though clinging more to the sides of the glass. As I go to enjoy this liquid bliss, lemon and hop bitterness wafts through my nose. I dont feel much of a malt presence, though the hops are crisp yet mild enough to be smooth, not front and center like with an IPA. I taste a wee bit of malt, but overall lemon zest and hop crispness and spice play across my tongue. theres a hint of something else...maybe cinnamon apples...maybe from the malt... the overall profile for this very drinkable lager though is one of lemony zest and crisp hop flavor that tingles across the top of your tongue as it heads to the back of your throat.
Overall, a very satisfying lager. Id have no problem reaching for a glass of Brooklyn Lager in a bar somewhere.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrDavid (957) - Johnson, Vermont, USA - JUL 29, 2008
(Bottle). Very interesting lager. Aroma is clean orange peel. Beautiful dark copper color. Respectable off white head. Flavor is crisp, relatively mild, with bitterness in the finish. Easy to drink, easy to like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Archibaldo de la Cruz (1120) - FINLAND - JUL 29, 2008
Dark copper colour with a medium lasting white head. Lots of hops in the nose. The flavour is hops with notes of grapefruit and malt. Long bitter aftertaste. Medium carbonation. Quite good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
agillespie81 (315) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 28, 2008
Deep copper color......very fluffy head. Fragrant hop aroma. Malt sweetness up front, extremely well balanced by a noticeable hop flavor......slightly crisp mouthfeel. Taste of hops continues in the back, with a long, slightly bitter finish. Probably the best lager I have ever tasted.