overall
RATINGS: 1329   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
In Williamsburg, Brooklyn, we forge barley malt and hops from Germany, aromatic raw sugar from Mauritius and yeast from Belgium into our latest beer, Brooklyn Local 1. Behind the full golden color you'll find an alluring aroma, a dynamic complex of flavors. Belgian flair, Brooklyn fortitude and a dusting of our special yeast. To create this beer, we use the old technique of 100% bottle re-fermentation, a practice now rare even in Europe. It gives this beer a palate of unusual depth. Enjoy it locally or globally, as an aperitif or with your favorite dishes. It is particularly nice with spicy seafood and with fine cheeses.

BigHoss' rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
BigHoss (172) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - OCT 6, 2012
Pours next golden with large white head, I smell yeast, fruits, some banana, and malt. I taste apple, some citrus, yeast and hops in the finish. I like it! One of my new favorite ales! I?m eating spicy jambalaya with it, great together!

williamlantz (56) - - DEC 10, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2017 Golden colour. Aroma: Belgian yeast, malt, some banana, wheat. Taste: fruits, wheat, yeast, caramel.

kovica (338) - Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 3, 2017
0,75 l. Bottle. Golden color with white head. Malt and spicy aroma. Fruit, sweet and yeast taste.

metalspice (1103) - Jevnaker, NORWAY - NOV 26, 2017
uklart gyllent med høyt og kompakt skum. høy, krydder, banen og noe estere preger både duft og smak. oljete og tykk munnfølelse.

Larry_Duffman (610) - - NOV 7, 2017
I poured it from the bottle into a glass. It pours a hazy golden with a huge, white head. The aroma is clove, spice, and fruit. The taste is the same with a little bit of hops, banana, brown sugar, and alcohol. The alcohol is noticeable. It wasn't super smooth. There was a lot of flavor though.

Bill Becker (1910) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 6, 2017
From Mar 2008

I got bottles in trade with nutbrown & yobdoog. Thanks Alan & Trevor!

This pours from 750ml caged and corked bottle a slightly hazy gold with a 1 finger head of foam and some good lacing.

The smell is all spicy and fruity with some clove, pepper, yeast, and a touch of banana. Nice.

The taste is very smooth drinking for the alcohol but it's packed with flavour. First thing I notice is the spice from clove and pepper followed by a nice yeasty presence and some banana(very light) and a bit of candy sugar.
I like the finish here as it has a slight citric kick to it making for a very pleasing aftertaste and some nice balance. I really can't say that the abv is obvious at all and that makes for some great drinkability.

It has a light mouthfeel to it and the carbonation is medium. I like sipping on this BSPA and I'm very glad I have another bottle. Well worth the effort to get some so please, do so. ;^)

nihtila (3954) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 20, 2017
A third from bottle at Ushers. Clear golden. Nose is sweet fruits, ripe banana, citrus. Tastes bittersweet, light spicy yeasty, fruits, smooth. Quite sweet but excellent example of Belgian strong ale outside Belgium.

nickel (1241) - UKRAINE - OCT 5, 2017
Aroma: malt, fruits, spices Taste: malt, dried fruits, notes of yeast and spices. Balanced and drinkable ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

nogva (86) - NORWAY - AUG 27, 2017
Pours golden and slightly hazy with a thick and creamy offwhite head. Rich floral aroma of belgian yeast, brown sugar and pears. Full body, creamy feel, average carbonation.Taste is malty and sweet with caramel, ripe apples and some lingering alcohol. Long lasting and quite boozy finish.

fillepolo (1140) - SWEDEN - JUN 23, 2017
Bottle from systembolaget. Pours a golden colour beer with a large head. Fruity and yeasty with spices and herbs. Dry finish.

NiklasT (135) - SWEDEN - JUN 17, 2017
Pours golden, clear. Fantastic aroma which is dominated by yeast and fruit. The taste is well balanced between fruit, sweetness, yeasty sourness and bitterness at the end. A strong pale ale, not distinguishable from a Tripel. Very good!