overall
RATINGS: 331   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
The Brooklyn Brewery is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. We are fortunate to be a part of the incredible cultural renaissance Brooklyn has enjoyed during the last quarter century. Four great Brooklyn artists whom we met along the way—Fred Tomaselli, Roxy Paine, Joe Amhrein and Elizabeth Crawford—have created special labels for our Silver Anniversary Lager beer. We are saluting our beginnings with a special doppelbock version of the Brooklyn Lager we introduced in 1988. This beer is re-fermented in the bottle and will taste great today or years from now. The original was inspired by the beers of 19th Century New York and Vienna.

Dazz3 (1798) - Hallsberg, SWEDEN - AUG 17, 2015
Bottle at Grand Tasting, RBSCSG 2015 in Gothenburg. Pours hazy light brown with a small white head. Smells dry fruity hoppy and a bit canned fruit. Tastes dry fruity hoppy with a mild bitter finish.

ChainGangGuy (4918) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUL 26, 2015
750ml bottle - $15.99 at Total Wine & More in Kennesaw, Georgia.

Appearance: Pours an orange-amber body in color, a bit hazy, with a thick, lasting off-white head.

Smell: A nose of chopped candied fruits, ground spices and warmed sugars with a soak of spiking sherry ahead of the blend of bready, toasty, biscuity malts.

Taste: A bready, toasted malt with a touch of blonde sugars. Varied dark fruitiness of figs and dates with some orangy, citrusy undertones felt. Herbed, earthy hop character, though only a medium-light bitterness. And, once the heat of the alcohol bubbles into the picture (though not quite boozy), it takes on a fruitcake like quality. Small hit of anise on the fruity, lingering finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-plus body. Medium carbonation.

Overall: It’s fine, I suppose, though it falls a wee bit short of its price-tag. As it’s to be an amped up Brooklyn Lager, I’d have preferred a six-pack of its origin story beer at less than half the cost.

bursprak (3282) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JUL 21, 2015
Bottle, sample @ RBScSG ’15. Light golden pour with a light head. Notes of grains, floral, straw and some syrup.

Nisse666 (7773) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JUL 16, 2015
Bottle at Grand Tasting, RBSCSG 2015 cons 2015-07-11 Göteborg AR: bitter, syrup bread (apk limpa) AP: hazy brown, ... F: bready syrup, old buttery, roasted malt

larsniclas (7187) - Billdal, SWEDEN - JUL 11, 2015
Sampled at RBScSG -15 Hazy amber with a small head. A bit sweetish aroma and flavour. Toffee and brown sugar. Medium bitterness.

BarleyandVine (56) - Stockbridge, Georgia, USA - JUL 10, 2015
Remarkably maltiness that I will surely revisit another time or two. Home of Sorachi Ace, one of my all-time favorites. Yes, Doppelbock is a Lager and this is a HUGE doppelbock!

Rolfarild (210) - NORWAY - JUL 9, 2015
Medium amber with a white lasting head. Aroma of orange, toffee and sweet caramell. Taste supplied by nuts, yeast and an earthly overlayer. Aftertaste dry and sweet malt.

gunnfryd (15175) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JUL 8, 2015
KRS 311214. Amber colour with a beige head. Aroma is berries, malt, hop, herbs. Flavour is berries, malt, hop, herbs, caramel, hop, orange, toffee, bread. Full body. Nice beer.

erickok (6037) - Leuven, BELGIUM - JUN 21, 2015
UPDATED: JUN 25, 2015 Brown body, very nice looking. Biscuit malts, very interesting yeast, bit nutty, some interesting hops. English? Really good development. Mouth feels is smooth yet with enough bubbles. Much more bitterness that I expected, and I really enjoy that. Unique brew, combination of styles and it really works. (Shared by and with VDuquerroux, thanks!)

Kjelle72 (15) - SWEDEN - APR 29, 2015
Thumbs up to this product, was given to me on my birthday from a couple oif friend. Really likes it, so I’m grateful that my friends got me to open up my eyes for the Brooklyn Brewery.