overall

RATINGS: 546   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.86/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
This Beer is served on DRAFT and in 750ml BROOKLYN bottles.
In May 2007, Garrett Oliver traveled to the 400 yr-old Schneider brewery in Kelheim, Germany, to brew Schneider-Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse. This was dry-hopped with the local Hallertauer Saphir hop variety. In July, Drexler brought his yeast to Brooklyn and brewed Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse, choosing the American Amarillo and Palisade varieties for the dry-hopping. Now you can taste the result, the latest beer in our Brewmaster’s Reserve series. The beer has a full orange color and the aromatics pair the banana and clove notes from the Schneider yeast with the mango and citrus qualities of the hops. The bitterness is robust but balanced, and the beer has a clean, hoppy finish.
Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse pairs well with Caribbean seafood preparations, crab cakes, jerk chicken, Thai cuisine, Szechuan cooking and many Mexican dishes.”

Bill Becker (1775) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 15, 2017
From May 2008 I got this bottle in a trade with nutbrown and seeing as I really flipped(a good thing) when I had a few samples at last year's GABF, boy am I pleased. Thanks Alan! It pours from the caged and corked, very good looking 750ml bottle a hazy(turns cloudy after the initial pour) orange gold with a 3 finger head of ever rising foam..ok, so I had to eat some of the foam before I could actually hold up the glass and look at it but hey, I don't mind suffering through that. Anywho, this puppy has a lot of bubbly action going on and there's a lot of sticky lacing. The nose gives me big notes of wheat, yeast, clove, banana, spice, and hops. It just smells *that* damn good. First sip brings back the memories of the small samples I had...Wheat working in perfect unison with hops. Man. Nice spice here as well with a flavourful but not overdone presence of clove, good banana flavour, yeast, and again, the hoppy goodness meshes so darn well. This is so drinkable but I have to watch out as this isn't exactly a lightweight when it comes to the abv and I don't want my judgement being impaired by drinking it too quickly. Nice medium mouthfeel here, and though the carbonation looks spritzy in the glass, it isn't highly carbonated at all. Gotta love these bottle conditioned beers. It finishes with a nice mix of wheat and lemon zest that demands that I take another sip. Wow. What a brew!! Btw, to clarify my previous remark, there is no sign of the alcohol in the taste and there's just some slight warming after the swallow. Bottom line: This is my favourite Brooklyn brew to date and it's going to take some doing to knock it off its perch. A big "Thank You" goes out to Brooklyn for brewing this wonderful nectar and to nutbrown, again, for sending this bottle my way. Highly recommended to the nth degree!

Stuu666 (14841) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - FEB 3, 2017
Keg at ushers. Pours hazy golden, nose is banana, wheat, lemon, taste is similar, juicy.

Learninbeer (639) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - SEP 11, 2016
The aroma is hops, floral/citrus with a hint of malt. Pours a dark copper/orange with big off white head mostly diminishing very good lacing. The taste is umami/bitter. The body is meium/full, the texture creamy, the carbonation lively and the finish long. Very Good!!

Tonkun (1306) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 27, 2015
Tap. Hazy yellow pour. Banana, fruits, bread and hop. Really nice. Medium body. Sweet finish

slowrunner77 (12811) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 7, 2014
had side by side with the first or 2nd release of the Schneider version and damn! were they both awesome. great mix of banana, clove, and dry hops.