overall
RATINGS: 15   MEAN: 2.33/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
An American Lager brewed with the fines grain, barley and hops. Brewed and bottled by Lion, Inc, Wilkes-Barre, PA under Licensing Agreement with The Vara Brewing Co. Boston, MA

Tmoney99 (14372) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 16, 2011
Bottle. Poured clear amber color with a medium frothy white head that was mostly lasting with good lacing. Moderate sweet grainy aroma. Medium body with a smooth texture and soft carbonation. Medium sweet flavor with a medium sweet finish of moderate duration. My expectations where met.

Haslinger (929) - The World of Beer, Texas, USA - APR 22, 2009
bottle at Our House in Allston. Best deal in Boston but not a particularly good beer. Some corn in the taste but nothing to write home about. SOlid cheap brew

mansquito (6338) - Nueva York, New York, USA - JAN 24, 2009
Like the previous rater I got this at Our House in Allston. I drank this out of the bottle because this is how Boston Bars like to do it. It is pretty much a crappy pale lager if you want to find the cheapest beer in the bar. It isnít offensive; it is better than Lionshead; it is obviously not too good.

joebudzjoe (676) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 2, 2009
Bottle @ Our House in Allston. Like the review below, great deal at @ $2 for a half liter. Better than most American macros, but not by much. Corn & barley tastes that do not excite but also do not repulse.

blinesam (235) - USA - JAN 12, 2007
$2 bottle at Our House in Allston. Great value for $2. Iíve had this lager with and without a lime. Why? Because Iíve had it a million times so I need to change it up once in a while. This is a good drinking beer, not chugable because of its rich flavor. Certainly not the best beer available but certainly worth a try if you donít want to spend a lot.

cfranz (261) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 3, 2005
Only a dollar at Colonial Spirits, in Acton. I was slighly scared to try this, especially considering the pencil-shaving aroma. I was pleasantly surprised. Itís more than drinkable. Tastes like it cost a dollar, but it wasnít a dollar wasted.

johnyvt (158) - West Hollywood, California, USA - FEB 25, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2005 Ah, this takes me back to college. Nothing like a $2 Brubaker "pounder." Drinkable and not too light, fairly basic tasting. Wouldnít go so far as to call it "good," but itís good for a night out and your wallet.

ukoolaid (580) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 8, 2005
Bottle. I was not given a glass for this magnificent beer, so I can not rate the color. Iíll just assume it looks like Coors Light. Aroma from the bottle is of skunky malt. Kind of like malt that had rotted in my gym socks (this could of course be the bottle and the nasty ice water it was soaking in). Taste is light and sweet with a little malt to be found. The greatest thing about this beer is itís $2 for a 16oz bottle. I even got it for that price in downtown boston where a Bud will cost you $4. This is way better than Bud, and Iím kicking up itís overall rating based on the price.

jimhilt (2609) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 3, 2004
Pours with a light white head that fades slowly, leaving a some lace. Light-medium carbonation. Clear light amber color, light-medium bodied, starts malty and sweet, finishes mellow with some crispness, good session beer. $1.05 for a 16 oz bottle from Colonial Spirits, Acton, MA.

1.2
GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 18, 2004
16oz bottle. for $3... smells like macro swill, looks like macro swill...*takes sip*... tastes like macro swill...but hey, its cheap and the label is ghetto and I need it for my BU Pub Quest.