overall

RATINGS: 115   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Our blonde Belgian style Tripel exhibits notes of vanilla and perhaps pears.

jahughey (65) - Franklin, Indiana, USA - SEP 15, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 21, 2005 This tripel is a thing of wonder. It is a brewpub ale, so obviously did not benefit from bottle re-fermentation as the classics do. But damned if you could tell it. Peachy/apple/ phenolic nose, superb balance of malt, phenols, hop, and alcohol on the palate. Ted says it is 11%, subtle alcohol resembles more like 7%. The single best brewpub beer I have ever had. Cancel all plans to find this place if you like Belgian- it’s that damned good.

cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 4, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2008 Tried on tap at the brewery. Very nice, solid smell of banana and candy sugar. The body is thiick and full. Taste is full as well with sweet fruit and banana followed by some needed sour ending.

FlashParker (85) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 26, 2011
Draft. Brew Pub, Indy. I’ll begin with a caveat - I may have been drunk when I sampled this. However, the three other people I was drinking with agree - this is a brilliant tripel. Wicked fruity character to it, which was unexpected. Excellent colour, decent head. A fantasti beer through and through - I’ll update this review when I can remember the beer a little better!

Msavage235 (90) - - MAR 31, 2012
Boom! An in your face beer. Aroma it’s strong, spicy and tart. Poured with little head but a nice spiral of bubbles. Taste is tart and sour, with coriander, cinnamon, apple and pear. Haven’t had much if this style but this is phenomenal.

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 20, 2008
In short: Simply put, one of the best Tripel I’ve had.
How: Tap at brewpub
The look: Cloudy orange body with a small white head
In long: Inviting nose with floral and fruity notes. Superb malt extraction, crisp and full body. Crunchy honeyed malts, orange peels, aromatic floral notes, a light granny smith apples tartness, dry grass and citrus fruits. All the flavours I can hope for in a Tripel are there and as a bonus I got a crisp and fresh feeling that I rarely get from a bottle. Typical lively Belgian carbonation. This really is a top notch authentic Belgian Tripel. One of the best Triple I’ve ever had and certainly the best brewpub Tripel I’ve ever had. That Brugge Tripel has nothing to envy to a real Brugge Tripel. Not that it’s not real Brugge Tripel because it is the Brugge Triple, just not a Brugge Tripel. Athough one could believe it is a Brugge Tripel if he didn’t know it is actually a Brugge Tripel.

locarboy (129) - USA - FEB 13, 2010
This beer was recommended by the owner/one of the owners of Crown Brewing in Crown Point, IN (where I had lunch and a flight :-). I purchased this out of the refrigerated case at Wise Guy Liquors in CP, IN. It was reasonably priced at around $7 or $8. 750 ml traditional Belgian bottle with painted label and metal crown closure. Not a lot of ’pop’ when opening. Poured with a 1.5 to 2 inch head into a 0.4 ltr goblet. A little darker than I think necessary. Lovely Belgian Tripel aroma of spices and yeast. The aroma of this one foreshadows the taste. A nice balance of malty goodness with spice and yeast (if you like the flavor of Belgian Abbey yeast you will most likely appreciate this ale). Could use a bit more carbonation; not so much as a TJ’s anniversary, but t’was enough, t’was enough. Adequate carbonation to tingle the tongue. Not too heavy. You won’t realize you are drinking such a high gravity beer (a hallmark of the style). I really enjoyed this one. Maybe someday it will come to my home town on tap. As a native Hoosier I would be able to brag there is great beer made in Indiana (we consider Hammond part of Chicago - same time zone, etc.)

StFun (567) - Indiana, USA - MAY 7, 2008
Very nice local offering, and I agree with those who said this one is underrated. Courtesy of Sprinkle. Nice smokey and yeasty aroma. Pours a solid orange color. Flavor is more of the smoke and yeast, with a big body and lots of flavor. Great balance of malts and sugars as well. Everything works together wonderfully. Very very solid and nice! Hovers between a tasty treat and a good session beer. This will be my go-to anytime I stop by Brugge, no doubt.

naeden24 (1) - USA - DEC 29, 2009 does not count
Brugge Tripel is an excellent Belgium style ale. Very smooth but robust flavors, with a perfect ABV. While this style of beer is not my favorite on its own, I have found this to be a great beer to pop open when family and friends are over. I actually find it just as pleasing as Chimay, and its made a few hours from my house.

vyvvy (6478) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - SEP 2, 2007
Wow, this overall rating on the beer is insanely low. Pours hazy / cloudy amber with a dense white head that leaves very nice lacing. The aroma has banana, earthy yeast and smooth sweet malt - more true to style than most US versions. Medium / full body that is creamy and smooth with very soft carbonation. The taste starts with lots of yeast, heavy typical Belgium tripel malt and candi sugar. The finish has some sharpness and sourness as wells as a good amount of spices. This is a great American version of a tripel that could easily compete against the true Belgium counterparts. Thumbs up for this well crafted beer.

hippie4beer (162) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 4, 2006
Draft. Pours golden with a nice white head. Aroma is sweet with notes of corriander and other spices. Flavor is wheaty with sugary notes. Finishes with a great grape flavor. The high ABV is very well hidden. Smooth on the palate with light carbonation. Great brew.