overall
n/a
RATINGS: 822   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Introduced in 1994, Bud Ice is a smooth-tasting ice beer. Combined with Bud Ice Light, Bud Ice is one of the countrys top-selling ice beers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Bulk_Carrier (4224) - Lake Champlain, Vermont, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I just found the notes on this. Before I really got into good beer, I used to drink this all the time thinking this was the bees knees back then. Now that I had found notes on this during a party I was at and I sat there and didnt want to bother with anyone, here is my take on this beer. The night I actually reviewed this, this was poured into a pint glass. Please dont ask me how else Ive had this beer over the years. The appearance was a total see through golden yellow with rapidly rising bubbly carbonation pouring into the rapidly dissipating head that is actually only less than a half a fingers worth of head. The smell was cooked rice with toasted corn notes to it. Do I like this? Hmmm....well, its not exactly my cup of tea. The taste was mainly sweet through the cooked rice and corn notes. There is a slight sweet aftertaste and no finish. On the palate, this is exceptionally light. Sessionable - this defines it. The carbonation seems to fairly good for the style as theres nothing bad about it. Overall, well, I see its labeled a pale lager on Ratebeer. However, Im not really seeing it as a pale lager as its more of a light lager. Ever since I took my plunge into the world of craft beer, I havent had this since. But for which it stands, Im glad I found these notes to say something on this today.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
TXBadger (2658) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I wouldnt say smooth tasting beer, this one has a bite to it, but not in a good way. The finish lingers and is somewhat dirty.

mrdre (2) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2014 does not count
by far my favorite beer of all time..i dont really sit down and smell beer like that because thats crazy..but the taste to me is crisp and nice..just how i like my beer

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sledutah (7212) - Utah, USA - MAR 17, 2014
16oz can from the state store
Clear golden with a small white head that dissipates quickly, no head. Aroma of corn, cereal and honey. Taste is sweet and corn
Footbalmed

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Shanebrews (290) - Virginia, USA - MAR 4, 2014
I purchased Bud Ice a few days ago, principally because it was the same price as Natural Ice that day and I was seeking that ice beer experience. One should always be skeptical of beer in a clear bottle. Anyhow, the aroma is neutral; the appearance is of urine; the taste is bland and void of any bite; the palate is smooth and short. There is nothing to commend this beer to anyone, but it is not offensive either.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
tectactoe (3125) - Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2014
Bottle: Ahh... good ol Bud Ice. Or as I like to call it, Budweiser Eisbock. This beer tastes like liquid aluminum. Super metallic, dry grains with that same, nauseating sweet corn flavor that grows with warmth. Sharp on the tongue, almost hurts. There really is no reason to ever drink this beer. Even a regular Budweiser is better. This is just... ugh. Atrocious. Avoid at all costs (as if you didnt already know that).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
lukedarock (246) - Howell, Michigan, USA - JAN 24, 2014
Not too bad compared to other ice beers in its class but definitely nothin to whoo about, gets the job done

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mstrcrwly (1000) - New York, USA - JAN 3, 2014
how does anyone drink this shit..or anything from anheuser-busch for that matter,,pathetic.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
subsonic (82) - Pataskala, Ohio, USA - DEC 27, 2013
"great for byob parties or any other event where large quantities of people want to drink your beer. pours with no aroma or color.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Diablokev (179) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - DEC 5, 2013
Just what is expected from this beer. Appearance is a pale gold, taste is bland but easy to drink. Overall just a beer to get drunk with.