overall
n/a
RATINGS: 349   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
LinusStick (3321) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 24, 2008
Ok....I was expecting lime and salt so when I tasted this I was floored at how bad it was. Now seeing that there is supposed to be a tomato/hot taste to it, it still sucks but not as bad. I really dont like it but it isnt a drainpour. One thing I have to dispute is in the commercial description: "Enjoy the best of both worlds". If Bud Light and Clamato (what the hell is that?) are the best of both worlds my palate must be way off.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAR 15, 2008
HAHA!!! Premixed red beer? Give me a break. Even worse its bud light. I would rather mix my own red beers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 14, 2008
Ive made my own occasionally, as a hangover cure, but Ill use a better beer and my own fresh spicy tomato juice concoction, and Ive never retched...this, however, is just wretched!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
patrick767 (4038) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 10, 2008
16oz can - Pours dark pink with virtually no head, but lots of fizz and fine bits of vegetable pulp. It smells like tomato paste. It tastes like some sort of sweet, salty tomato, only worse. I can taste some lime in there too and that other odd flavor might be the clam. I dont know. Ive never had clamato. Id never even heard of it before this stuff came out, let alone of mixing it with beer. I guess its not something thats ever caught on in Indiana. If this "beer" is an example of what happens when you mix clamato and beer, Im really freaking glad it hasnt caught on much here. Its awful. They could have at least laid off the salt a little bit. Its so salty that it makes me thirsty. I fear that the fact that I bought this one and the regular Bud Chelada proves it. Im a ratings whore. Ive valiantly struggled through more than half the can, but I cant finish this crap and Ill finish almost any beer. Then again, calling this beer is a huge stretch.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
hopscotch (10901) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - FEB 28, 2008
Can... VBWT2008... Murky orange/red concoction with a small, fizzy, pinkish head... looks like a red-eye, as it should. Sweet, overripe tomato and shellfish are exhibited in the nose. The flavor is much the same, sans the shellfish, with a cloying sweetness that almost forces my gag reflex to kick in. Moderate, spicy heat. The non-light version didnt seem nearly as cloyingly sweet. Thick, tomato juice mouthfeel with subtle carbonation. Not at all good, but I have to give mucho kudos to Beerlando for having the balls to bring this treat to the Throwdown!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
blueoxen (1) - milan, Illinois, USA - FEB 26, 2008 does not count
A true Bloody Mary lovin fan will be excited to drink this "Bloody Marty" mixer! The blend is just about a perfect mix of beer and clamato. Try this with olives or Franks Red Hot!!!!!

1.1
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Puggle99 (6) - West Allis, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 19, 2008 does not count
After having Chelada described to me, was excited to try this one. The taste was terrible and couldnt imagine any tasting this and deciding to market it.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 18, 2008
Best of both worlds!?!?!? Looked like red grapefruit juice with some bigger soad-bubbles. Smelled and tasted like salty tomatos and limes with an annoying PUKE taste that really seems to balance it out. I am forever in debt to Hopdog for sharing this super wonderful gem!!

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BckDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - FEB 16, 2008
24oz Can: Ok, first off, why do I have to buy a tall boy of this? I thought the idea was; one red beer to take just enough edge off to drive down to Taco Bell and get a chalupa, then sleep a few hours and youre ready for another night of coke and hookers? I mean, I dont mind the light lemony flavor with thick mucusy clamato in small quantities, but to force me to pay nearly the same amount as I would for a decent micro bomber is inconceivable. Im glad the percentage is ZERO on this one. Theres no lower to go and Im certainly not helping it out any either. I love the novelty, I love the idea of having a shelf-stable red-beer-in-a-can collecting vegetable particles in the back of my fridge, always ready to lift me back up after a long night gone wrong. Alas, Id rather just have regular breakfast and coffee. Sorry Light Chelada, but even on the rare occasion that I would want you, I would probably reach for a regular bud chelada, Im not really watching my calories when it comes to my hangover remedies.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
heemer77 (5325) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - FEB 12, 2008
I had heard that this was worse than Bud Chelada. The body is mostly pink but looks murky blood ornage red with less light. The aroma is fresh corn on the cob with tomato juice. Strange indeed. The taste has some light Clamato with a metallic finish. You can barely even detect any beer in this. Maybe a little bit of corn.