overall
n/a
RATINGS: 327   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 18, 2008
Best of both worlds!?!?!? Looked like red grapefruit juice with some bigger soad-bubbles. Smelled and tasted like salty tomatos and limes with an annoying PUKE taste that really seems to balance it out. I am forever in debt to Hopdog for sharing this super wonderful gem!!

1.1
BückDich (5477) - McCall, Idaho, USA - FEB 16, 2008
24oz Can: Ok, first off, why do I have to buy a tall boy of this? I thought the idea was; one red beer to take just enough edge off to drive down to Taco Bell and get a chalupa, then sleep a few hours and you’re ready for another night of coke and hookers? I mean, I don’t mind the light lemony flavor with thick mucusy clamato in small quantities, but to force me to pay nearly the same amount as I would for a decent micro bomber is inconceivable. I’m glad the percentage is ZERO on this one. There’s no lower to go and I’m certainly not helping it out any either. I love the novelty, I love the idea of having a shelf-stable red-beer-in-a-can collecting vegetable particles in the back of my fridge, always ready to lift me back up after a long night gone wrong. Alas, I’d rather just have regular breakfast and coffee. Sorry Light Chelada, but even on the rare occasion that I would want you, I would probably reach for a regular bud chelada, I’m not really watching my calories when it comes to my hangover remedies.

heemer77 (5360) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - FEB 12, 2008
I had heard that this was worse than Bud Chelada. The body is mostly pink but looks murky blood ornage red with less light. The aroma is fresh corn on the cob with tomato juice. Strange indeed. The taste has some light Clamato with a metallic finish. You can barely even detect any beer in this. Maybe a little bit of corn.

smackie (54) - St. Augustine, Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2008
You can have it all, I have this. Old fashion like my dad use to make. I love it and can’t get enough of it!

hopdog (13102) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2008
24oz can. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when this one was conceived. I picture, just like the peanut butter cup add, someone walking around the corner with a bud light and someone with a can of clamato juice. They bump into each other. Hey, you got bud light in myclamato juice. Hey, you got clamato juice in my bud light. They both take a taste and the Chelada was born. This one was absolute crap.

0.6
jsquire (4601) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - FEB 6, 2008
I saw this 24 oz can in the grocery store before the Super Bowl and figued what the hell. Let’s see what all the fuss is about. Odd peachy color with a huge fizzy pink hued head. The aroma is very strange, with boiled tomatoes, celery, V-8 spices and stomach acid. My first reaction was that this tastes like a bad, thin bloody mary. The tomato is obvious, it is pretty spicy with black pepper and tabasco, and you can even taste the celery stick. But it is really an offensive mixture. I never understood mixing beer and tomato juice, and beer and Clamato is just that much worse of an idea. I just can’t finish it. This isn’t beer and hopefully is a gimmick that will go away quickly.

0.8
Prcaus (159) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2008
24 oz can-It tastes and smells like liquified salsa in a can. If you can stomach it try it. Me personally I got maybe a shots worth in, and dumped the rest I was given... party foul I know, but this stuff is bad.

0.9
NJBeerman013 (1054) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - FEB 3, 2008
24 oz can. The whole idea is just odd. Clamato itself is just odd. Whoever decided that a perfectly good glass of tomato juice would be so much better with a little fish, is odd. Now, enter a perfectly acceptable Macro light lager like Bud Light. Let’s mix them all together. Blahhh. This stuff is just foul.

Ernest (7824) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Can. Head is initially small, fizzy/frothy, light pink, fully diminishing. Body is murky medium pinkish-amber. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), with notes of tomato juice and other vegetables, metal. Flavor is moderately sweet, moderately acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately acidic, lightly bitter, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. I almost choked upon swallowing. The smell is kind of like bile/vomit. Bear in mind I don’t like tomato juice or clamato, but still...this is like a nightmare in both aroma and flavor. And I have a can of the regular Bud Chelada still yet to rate, *shudder*.

JPDIPSO (6287) - Wauwatosa, USA - JAN 31, 2008
Looks a bit like a fizzy fruit punch. Tall pink head dissipates quickly to a flat looking watered tomato juice with some pulp left on the side. Both this and the regular bud look the same. Tomato and celery aromas. Bloody mary flavors with a little red pepper nip. This has a bit more celery in the flavors than the Bud. No real beer qualities. If you want a bloody on the cheap perhaps this is your savior. Otherwise this in no real brew.