overall
n/a
RATINGS: 352   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

Scubatrip (610) - Annandale, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Oh dear God this was terrible! I bought two tall boys at a gas station outside Las Vegas because I thought it was hilarious. The last thing I expected was to see this actually listed on Ratebeer. Well, here goes the rating: From the (tall boy) can, pours like a Bloody Mary--thick, red, ominous. The taste is what can only be described as hilariously awful. My friend and I both took a sip (tis always better to share) and with all my gag-reflex-suppressing strength, choked it down. We each spent the next two minutes cursing each other for making the other drink it, until his girlfriend came in, and we attempted to pretend it wasn’t that bad to make her try it. She did, (misery loves company), which resulted in a similar reaction. To prove it wasn’t terrible, or perhaps hoping to believe the second sip woulnd’t be as wretched as the first, we each took another sip, spat it out, poured the rest down the drain, and fought over who had the bottle of Jack, trying to get the taste out of our mouths. I don’t know what A-B exec was smoking/drinking/huffing what drug to approve this, but it is just God-awful.

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.

arondee (601) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - NOV 3, 2009
Freaking disgusting. I tried to drink one just because I was curious. I couldn’t force myself to slam it down. This is the first beer I’ve actually gagged on. Can I give it a 0?

paco (576) - Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA - FEB 19, 2012
Can. Another bottle/can of piss consumed at our party last friday night. Drank straight from the can of course. Tastes like old clam and shitty beer. Enough said, rating over. I’ll elaborate I guess since I have nothing to do today. Rotten vegetables is all I smell from this can of greatness. Way too salty after a few sips. I wish my friends didn’t drink swill. I’ll leave this one at all 1’s.

arventresca (567) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 27, 2008
Bottle. Pours red. Smells like loose shit. Looks and taste like a bloody mary puked its guts out. Don’t know why this was ever made and for that fact why it ever made the market. I feel like less of a man for trying this shit. First beer that I literally dumped after two sips. Please get this stuff over the market.

beer_rookie (566) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 13, 2016
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2016 25 oz can. Ocassion, I hate my job.

Pours a red, tomato juice color. Aggressive pour, lots of head. No retention, some lacing at the tip top.

Aroma is of tomato, and salt. The head had good aromas of salt, lime and chili that the beer does not.

Taste is tomato and spicy. That’s about all. Not so much lime, yeah some salt. But it’s actually tasty. Like a very light bloody mary.

Mouthfeel is medium, and also watery. It tastes like it should be heavier in body and higher ABV, only 4.2%, really? Has a pleasing tingling burn after the swalow.

Overall, it’s not bad. I probably will not drink it again, but I’ll try more in the style.

I’ve read some of the reviews here, and seriously. It’s...not...that...bad....My first couple of sips were terrible too, because I wasn’t quite expecting it to be so tomato. But my palate adjusted, and boom, I’m drinking it and liking it. Open your minds, give it another try.

Update! I’m lowering my rating a little, because the tomato in this is very heavy. 25 oz of this is too much. Still pretty good!

1.2
brianjames1 (539) - Northridge, California, USA - OCT 11, 2007
24oz can. Yuck! Bud Light has taken a traditional mexican drink and butchered it! This tastes horrible, very sour. No bueno

graham515 (537) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2008
A sip of this beer was all that I needed to rate this a 0.5. The smell of this beer is weird, the appearance is red, the flavor is vomit inducing. But hey, to each their own

MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 20, 2007
Can. I said I’d try both and I did. At first I really couldn’t tell the difference between the two, but as I focused I found the bud light version to be missing something the bud version had. Still overpoweringly full of the taste of Clamato and salt, however I couldn’t finish this one. Maybe the novelty wore off, or possibly it truely does not taste as good. I like Clamato, I like salt, in all respects this is why I probably enjoyed the other one as much as I did. I’m done with these though, for good.

6ROW (473) - corpus christi, Texas, USA - MAY 2, 2009
i saw this one and had to pick it up, if you like clams and tomatos in your beer this on is for you!! never again