overall
n/a
RATINGS: 328   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

beer_rookie (705) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 13, 2016
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2016 25 oz can. Ocassion, I hate my job.

Pours a red, tomato juice color. Aggressive pour, lots of head. No retention, some lacing at the tip top.

Aroma is of tomato, and salt. The head had good aromas of salt, lime and chili that the beer does not.

Taste is tomato and spicy. That’s about all. Not so much lime, yeah some salt. But it’s actually tasty. Like a very light bloody mary.

Mouthfeel is medium, and also watery. It tastes like it should be heavier in body and higher ABV, only 4.2%, really? Has a pleasing tingling burn after the swalow.

Overall, it’s not bad. I probably will not drink it again, but I’ll try more in the style.

I’ve read some of the reviews here, and seriously. It’s...not...that...bad....My first couple of sips were terrible too, because I wasn’t quite expecting it to be so tomato. But my palate adjusted, and boom, I’m drinking it and liking it. Open your minds, give it another try.

Update! I’m lowering my rating a little, because the tomato in this is very heavy. 25 oz of this is too much. Still pretty good!

sjohnny (686) - - OCT 4, 2012
I wouldn’t go so far as to call this good beer but it’s a great drink under the right circumstances. I prefer this one to the non-light version. It’s the only product labeled Bud that I like. I guess the clamato covers up the signature Budweiser flavor that I can’t stand.

EKGoldings (675) - Radford, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Yuk, yuk, yuk. (shudder wracks spine). Do I need to say more? Really, this is truly nasty. I think used motor oil would go better with beer than clamato.

pintocb (654) - Hoon, Georgia, USA - DEC 31, 2009
I guess if you like bloody marys you might like this. Not me. Looks like a menustrating bud light. And that’s also how it smells and tasted. I need negative integers to properly score this.

0.8
JohnnyOS (646) - Golden, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 28, 2008
24 Fluid Ounces of FUN! Not a whole lot to say on this one... snail shell dunked in tomato juice aroma... with a flavor to match... the salt and lime do shine through on the finish... thankfully removing most of the horrible flavor.

TheCaptain (613) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 27, 2008
Large can and kept towards the end of the tasting. Well, I kind of liked this. I’m a big fan of Bloody Mary’s and like tomatoes in general. However, I totally understand the funky combo and weird flavoring turning people off, and I pretty much hate light beer. So if you like a little mix go for it. Not sure how many straight ones you will want to stomach! This should not be in any sort of beer category, come on spice herb-vegetable is a fucking soup mix!

Scubatrip (610) - Annandale, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Oh dear God this was terrible! I bought two tall boys at a gas station outside Las Vegas because I thought it was hilarious. The last thing I expected was to see this actually listed on Ratebeer. Well, here goes the rating: From the (tall boy) can, pours like a Bloody Mary--thick, red, ominous. The taste is what can only be described as hilariously awful. My friend and I both took a sip (tis always better to share) and with all my gag-reflex-suppressing strength, choked it down. We each spent the next two minutes cursing each other for making the other drink it, until his girlfriend came in, and we attempted to pretend it wasn’t that bad to make her try it. She did, (misery loves company), which resulted in a similar reaction. To prove it wasn’t terrible, or perhaps hoping to believe the second sip woulnd’t be as wretched as the first, we each took another sip, spat it out, poured the rest down the drain, and fought over who had the bottle of Jack, trying to get the taste out of our mouths. I don’t know what A-B exec was smoking/drinking/huffing what drug to approve this, but it is just God-awful.

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.

arondee (601) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - NOV 3, 2009
Freaking disgusting. I tried to drink one just because I was curious. I couldn’t force myself to slam it down. This is the first beer I’ve actually gagged on. Can I give it a 0?

paco (576) - Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA - FEB 19, 2012
Can. Another bottle/can of piss consumed at our party last friday night. Drank straight from the can of course. Tastes like old clam and shitty beer. Enough said, rating over. I’ll elaborate I guess since I have nothing to do today. Rotten vegetables is all I smell from this can of greatness. Way too salty after a few sips. I wish my friends didn’t drink swill. I’ll leave this one at all 1’s.