overall
n/a
RATINGS: 328   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

bhensonb (15976) - Woodland, California, USA - JUL 26, 2007
24 oz can. Can looks just like the Bud Chelada, except it is blue rectangle rather than red, and says Bud Light rather than Budweiser. Salty, seafoody aroma. Light pinkish amber color with a white head that fizzed off. A bit watery with very mild carbonation. Flavor of salt, lime, tomato and nothing else. There is a peppery aspect. The salt is welcome, but I think your physician would recommend avoiding this to help your blood pressure.

0.6
gunnfryd (15503) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JAN 2, 2014
Can. Red orange colour with a pinkish head. Aroma is sewer, malt, tomato, peppar. Flavour is malt, salt, tomato, peppar. Horrible beer.

Stuu666 (15248) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 14, 2014
Can at Craig’s. My tasting notes just say ’horrible’. Weird salty, tomato juice thing.

Theis (15150) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - SEP 24, 2008
Can at EBF - thanks to Patrick for the sip... Føj - What a disgusting drink. Deep hazy red/pink - no head - looks like tomato juice. Tastes of tomato juice and bloody mary.

Tmoney99 (15130) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 2, 2008
Can from Party Source, Ky. Poured a red color with a minimal white head that diminished quickly and did not leave any lacing. Moderate spicy tomato aroma. Medium body with soft carbonation. Moderate spicy tomato flavor with medium spicy finish of short duration. I have drank a lot of red beers for breakfast when fly fishing and would drink this in a pinch.

0.6
HenrikSoegaard (14710) - Randers, DENMARK - APR 22, 2010
Can. Frothy white fair mostly deminishing head. Orange cloudy colour. Ugly fruity rotten aroma. Very bad flavor, watery strange palate. Total weird and undrinkable. Meat flavor. absurd.

Drake (14332) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 21, 2009
24 ounce can. I truly fear this one. Pours a sickly looking pale pink color. Not much of a head. Aroma is Manhattan style clam chowder and salt. Taste is salt, clam juice, faint acidic notes from the tomatoes. I have to look really, really hard to notice anything that remotely resembles beer, and I fear even that may be a hopeful figment of my imagination. I feel like putting this into a bowl and heating it up. It’s not beer,

Christian (13930) - Odense, DENMARK - APR 3, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 20, 2010 Reddish with a small head. Awful tomato aroma, and very salty flavour. Pretty disgusting altogether

0.7
j12601 (13304) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Can that I brought to BCTC more as a joke and a threat than anything else. There was for a while a standing bet which rose sporadically through the night for anyone who would shotgun the can of this. I’m slightly sad no one did, because it would have spared me the inevitable horror that was to come. At some point some brave, stupid, or unsuspecting individual (maybe all three?) did the deed and cracked the tab on this bold beauty and the game was afoot. Pours a hazy orange red with floaty chunks in it. I probably should be giving this a 1 on appearance over a 2, but I’m sure I could envision something actually looking less appealing than this. I’m pretty sure it would have to have larger chunks, and they’d need to move of their own volition, but something could look worse. Same thing with the aroma. I could theoretically hypothesize a beer or beer like product, which could in fact, smell worse than this. It would be a badge of (dis)honor to do so, but it could be done. As it was, this smelled like tomatoes, and bile. I had to suppress a dry heave or two every time I brought the glass up to my nose to cautiously take another whiff of it. It honestly took me about 10 to 15 minutes of walking around in terror before I could muster up the courage to put any of this into my mouth. When I did it came flying back out, and threatened to take my stomach contents with it. I fought hard to fight back the urge to vomit. Even managed to try another taste of it. Tasted even worse than it smelled. Horrible. Downright horrible. This will be the beer of my nightmares for years to come. So with my apologies to Breughel La Gueuze de Kamouraska (a terror in it’s own right, and quite honestly the worst thing to ever pass for a Gueuze) for it’s displacement from the bottom, it seems I have a new low point on my ratings scale.

hopdog (13258) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2008
24oz can. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when this one was conceived. I picture, just like the peanut butter cup add, someone walking around the corner with a bud light and someone with a can of clamato juice. They bump into each other. Hey, you got bud light in myclamato juice. Hey, you got clamato juice in my bud light. They both take a taste and the Chelada was born. This one was absolute crap.