overall
n/a
RATINGS: 351   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

0.6
slowrunner77 (11912) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 24, 2014
"took the plunge with bothe versions tonight. the aroma was horrid...made me wretch. skunky bud light, peppery stale tomato and clam? horrid. the odd coral colored body was overly carbonated to the point of stomach bloating. the flavor of the light version is "less repulsive" since itís thinner. bad clam finish, complete with heartburn."

rosenbergh (11532) - Tampere, FINLAND - SEP 21, 2013
24 oz can. (K-Mart) Metairie, LA. Hazy red colour with no head. The aroma is tomato juice. And the flavour is tomato juice... with some mild lagery notes. It's like tomato juice with bubbles. Not totally disgusting. Bloody Mary Light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

deyholla (11486) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAR 21, 2010
Can. Terrible! Totally lives up to the hype! Poured a pinkish red with a bubbly white head. Aroma was full of fish, tomato and made me gag. The flavor didnít disappoint either with a terrible combo of bud light, tomato and fish. Absolutely terrible, worst beer ever!

Meilby (11366) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - AUG 11, 2013
Can 739ml @ Hotel Room, Fairfield Inn, Placentia, CA
Pours cloudy orange with a off-white head. Aroma has notes of tomato juice and hint of pepper. Taste is light to medium sweet. Body is medium, texture is lumpy, carbonation is flat.

0.6
shrubber85 (11324) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - NOV 3, 2007
24 oz can. Tomato and clam juice with just a hint of skunky malt. Cloudy orange red color with no head (at least the bud chelada had that). Tomato and clam juice flavor with more of a skunky malt flavor. I agree with IrishBoy -like you had drank a Budweiser Chelada on a empty stomach and vomited it back up.

0.9
hopscotch (11045) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - FEB 28, 2008
Can... VBWT2008... Murky orange/red concoction with a small, fizzy, pinkish head... looks like a red-eye, as it should. Sweet, overripe tomato and shellfish are exhibited in the nose. The flavor is much the same, sans the shellfish, with a cloying sweetness that almost forces my gag reflex to kick in. Moderate, spicy heat. The non-light version didnít seem nearly as cloyingly sweet. Thick, tomato juice mouthfeel with subtle carbonation. Not at all good, but I have to give mucho kudos to Beerlando for having the balls to bring this ďtreatĒ to the Throwdown!

daknole (11044) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 8, 2009
good lord i would rather gouge my eyes out than ever taste this again. why does this exist?????????

0.7
j12601 (10911) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Can that I brought to BCTC more as a joke and a threat than anything else. There was for a while a standing bet which rose sporadically through the night for anyone who would shotgun the can of this. Iím slightly sad no one did, because it would have spared me the inevitable horror that was to come. At some point some brave, stupid, or unsuspecting individual (maybe all three?) did the deed and cracked the tab on this bold beauty and the game was afoot. Pours a hazy orange red with floaty chunks in it. I probably should be giving this a 1 on appearance over a 2, but Iím sure I could envision something actually looking less appealing than this. Iím pretty sure it would have to have larger chunks, and theyíd need to move of their own volition, but something could look worse. Same thing with the aroma. I could theoretically hypothesize a beer or beer like product, which could in fact, smell worse than this. It would be a badge of (dis)honor to do so, but it could be done. As it was, this smelled like tomatoes, and bile. I had to suppress a dry heave or two every time I brought the glass up to my nose to cautiously take another whiff of it. It honestly took me about 10 to 15 minutes of walking around in terror before I could muster up the courage to put any of this into my mouth. When I did it came flying back out, and threatened to take my stomach contents with it. I fought hard to fight back the urge to vomit. Even managed to try another taste of it. Tasted even worse than it smelled. Horrible. Downright horrible. This will be the beer of my nightmares for years to come. So with my apologies to Breughel La Gueuze de Kamouraska (a terror in itís own right, and quite honestly the worst thing to ever pass for a Gueuze) for itís displacement from the bottom, it seems I have a new low point on my ratings scale.

kp (10882) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - MAY 25, 2008
Date: 05/22/2008
Mode: Can
Source: Tasting

Appearance: opaque orange, fine pink head,
Aroma: sweet and spicy tomato aroma,
Body: creamy body,
Flavor: lots of tomato and clam flavor, touch of spices, only a hint of bitterness,

Aroma: 3/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 3/10; Palate: 7/10; Overall: 6/20
Rating: 1.9/5.0
Drinkability: 7/10
Score: 4

0.7
DocLock (10647) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2008
Can. Poured light pinkish with fizzy off-white head. The aroma was horrid, with some beery grainy notes coupled with tomato juice and black pepper. I only finished a few ounces of this before drain pouring it, but in those swallows I did detect a very strong black pepper flavor, plus tomato juicy flavor, and thatís why I gave an extra point for flavor and overall, but it was not easy to swallow this. If you like bloody maryís then youíll likely find this one passable, but I donít think it would appeal to anyone else.