overall
n/a
RATINGS: 352   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

cubs (10635) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 21, 2013
Tall boy canned @ home poured into my Crooked Staved snifter and picked up at 287 Liquor Foco. Pours a peachy/pinkish appearance with practically no head. A touch citrusy, big tomato juice, celery, chili powder aroma - not a whole helluva lot different from the Budweiser Chelada aroma. Spicy, tomato, somewhat watery, celery, veggie flavor. Yuck. I honestly think this is a bit worse that the Budweiser Chelada. Tastes like my mom’s Chow Mein.

BVery (10501) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - NOV 28, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2013 Can. Pinkish pour with no head. Aroma and taste is tomato, clam juice, and celery salt. Like a very thin bloody mary, but with an odd tinge to it. Giving them a little credit for trying something different.

1.4
KimJohansen (10492) - Frederiksberg C, DENMARK - SEP 14, 2008
Hazy orange with no head. Sweet vegy aroma with chilli notes. Sweet vegy flavou with spicy finish.

DuffMan (10425) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 2, 2014
Tiny can, found in my neighbours fridge. Is Clamato a distinctly Canadian thing? I know the Caesar is-- Americans have the Bloody Mary, which is not as savoury IMO. Anyway, I really expected to hate this, wanted to hate it! But I actually didn’t mind it at all. To be fair, it was like drinking a cold can of Clamato with just an underlying hint of lager beer, but it was tasty. I had another. I’m ashamed and feel dirty. I’m going to sit in the shower and cry now.

jercraigs (10365) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2014
2014-08-16. Hazy orangey pink body with a small off white head. Aroma of tomatoes, with a hint of spice? Flavour is similar, tomato with notes of spice and lemon. Smooth average to light bodied palate, soft carbonation. Not at all to my tastes. Can at Campground Brewdown

olio (10267) - Tampere, FINLAND - NOV 28, 2014
50 cl can
Pours murky red color with no head. Aroma pof tomatoes, herbs and sweet fruits. Tastes pretty much like a tomato soup with chili, salt and lemon fruits. Quite unique.

phaleslu (10247) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 20, 2009
Tried from a 24 oz. can a buddy picked up at a gas station on a road trip. Looks like expired tomato juice- a nasty, foggy reddish color. Smells like cheap tomato juice with a lot of salt, some artificial vegetable spices, and a foul odor that must be whatever else is in clam juice besides salt- almost like the leftover fluid in a defrosted bag of shrimp. The flavor is a tamato juice base, and salty, skunky, and spicy. Nauseating. I could never figure out why anyone would want to mix tomato and clam juice, let alone mix that concoction with beer. I’m curious as to how this is selling. Who buys this other than people satisfying morbid curiosity? I’ve never encountered anyone who takes Clamato, let alone Chelada, seriously. I’m still going to give this an extra point for that "what the hell?" factor.

sebletitje (10080) - Enghien, BELGIUM - JUL 26, 2009
Need to give it the benefit of the doubt. can, pours hazy orange/pink, light pinkish head. Not sure where this one fits in beer style. The light version had less beer notes compared to the regular Bud. overall aroma and taste, clam juice with salt, fresh lemon and tomato. More like a premixed drink, just had vodka and Tabasco and you have a Bloody Mary. Just fun to drink and see you beer geek friends frown at you.

GT (10000) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 27, 2010
24oz Can procured in Riverside, CA. YESSSSSSS- a major want item for quite some time. The pour is hazy peach/pink with healthy, white head. Aroma is literally this: celery salt, high MSG tomato soup, clams. Taste is exactly: lean cuisine microwave spaghetti. Favorite comment from my girlfriend after trying this: "Have you ever vomited after eating too much Italian food? It’s like that."

1.2
DrSilverworm (9671) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2012
24oz can, purchased from the CVS on OU’s campus. Totally hazy raspberry color, lots of tomato juice particles in the body. Thin head that fades to minimal before I could tell what color it was. Strong, bloody mary mix flavor, that’s all that is there. I shared this with my college senior macro-drinking friends, and they HATED it, seemingly even more than I did (personally, I’m usually sort of a bloody mary fan). They are urging me to score this very poorly, but I feel like they are exaggerating a little bit. I guess if all you drink is busch and the occasional craft on special occasions, sure, this will probably be the worst thing you’ve ever tried. Don’t get me wrong, though, it’s certainly awful. Jimmy: "Hardest struggle I’ve had since straight hard liquor". Sweet tomato juice taste that isn’t drinkable at all without the rest of the goodness that usually comprises a bloody mary. Who would drink 24oz of this? I’m not sure I could even finish my 8oz sample. Annie: "How did this make it beyond the experimental phase?" Very light carbonation, spicy taste. Andy: "Like a shot, but without the alcohol." Clearly, they don’t like it. Pretty much tastes like expired tomato juice. Honestly, I’m not even sure if you can call this real beer. An addition of liquor might even make it slightly better. Drinking this was a miserable experience, but hey.. At least, now I know.