overall
n/a
RATINGS: 328   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

1.3
mabel (10004) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 20, 2009
UPDATED: DEC 21, 2014 [2410-20090801] Can. Tomato water aroma. Hazy, light pink red body with no head. Tastes like spicy tomato water and lingers on the spicy. Medium body. Wow -- but in that horrible wow way. (3/2/1/1/4) 1.1
(w/ others @ BCTC; Cooperstown, NY)

[6670B-20140816] Can. Tomato spiced aroma. Hazy,ought pink orange body with a quick foamy white head. Vegetable tomato spiced flavour. Medium body. Wow. (4/3/3/2/7) 1.9
(@ Campground Brewdown 2014, Millmont, PA)

1.2
DrSilverworm (10000) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2012
24oz can, purchased from the CVS on OU’s campus. Totally hazy raspberry color, lots of tomato juice particles in the body. Thin head that fades to minimal before I could tell what color it was. Strong, bloody mary mix flavor, that’s all that is there. I shared this with my college senior macro-drinking friends, and they HATED it, seemingly even more than I did (personally, I’m usually sort of a bloody mary fan). They are urging me to score this very poorly, but I feel like they are exaggerating a little bit. I guess if all you drink is busch and the occasional craft on special occasions, sure, this will probably be the worst thing you’ve ever tried. Don’t get me wrong, though, it’s certainly awful. Jimmy: "Hardest struggle I’ve had since straight hard liquor". Sweet tomato juice taste that isn’t drinkable at all without the rest of the goodness that usually comprises a bloody mary. Who would drink 24oz of this? I’m not sure I could even finish my 8oz sample. Annie: "How did this make it beyond the experimental phase?" Very light carbonation, spicy taste. Andy: "Like a shot, but without the alcohol." Clearly, they don’t like it. Pretty much tastes like expired tomato juice. Honestly, I’m not even sure if you can call this real beer. An addition of liquor might even make it slightly better. Drinking this was a miserable experience, but hey.. At least, now I know.

1.4
blipp (9899) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 28, 2014
Can. 500th tick of 2014. Pours orange... kinda... with an off white head. Gross cold tomato soup and salt, and sadness. Bad.

0.7
douglas88 (9789) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 10, 2013
Can. Man, what can I say? This is undrinkable. Pours a bile colored pinkish hue, a small white bubble of head. A terrible rotting mess of intestines, sick and something akin to salty rotten tomato. The flavor is super salty, intense, really sweet and salty tomato, somehow the lime just makes it so much worse, like spraying air refreshner after a troubling bathroom incident it actually all combines terrible ingredients to something unspeakable.

0.6
solidfunk (9729) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - FEB 18, 2015
I’m pretty sure this was nearly the worst beer I’ve ever had. Except for the regular bud chelada I had next. The clamato aroma does a good job at hiding the bud aroma, but too bad I hate clamato as well. Nasty. Thanks to MrChopin - your villainy at bringing this deserves recognition.

arminjewell (9721) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 17, 2011
Finally got to try this...from a guy who likes it, so I didn’t have to buy it. It really resembles a watered down tomato juice drink with a bit of spices here or there, and the bud light I think really just adds some carbonation and the alcohol. It wasn’t terrible, but if I’m going to have a bloody mary this won’t be my choice.

kraddel (9323) - Antwerp, BELGIUM - FEB 15, 2015
Pours unclear filthy amber . Smell is rotten tomato . Taste is tomatojuice, with a bitter aspect and a spicy finish . Light mouthfeel . it had a radler aspect to it as well . I saw people puking over this . Thats why it turned a want . Its pretty damn bad , but not groce as in I got to puke off of it ...

drowland (9184) - Georgia, USA - AUG 18, 2009
Sick! Salty tomato crap! Groooooooooooss! I absolutely hate this stuff. I had this at a sampling, luckily, and I couldn’t even gag down the little cup they gave me... poured it out.

DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - AUG 16, 2010
From the Can at Chris O’s pre GBBF tasting, Kensal Rise 31/07/2010 Fishy aroma. Pink oranged coloured and hazy in appearance with a hint of dryness in a spicy chilli finish.

0.7
radagast83 (8624) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - MAR 30, 2011
I love tomato juice. I don’t particularly like Bud Light - but if it’s there I’ll drink it. But this? Never again. My friend had both the Bud Light and Budweiser versions of this beer and I thought, why not? It’s something new, right? Wrong. I’ve smelled this before. On my 21st birthday, the next morning - after a night of drinking beer and eating pizza, chips and salsa. Perhaps one of the more revolting things I’ve consumed. If you really like Bud, tomato and salt water, this is for you. Comparable to the "regular" version.