overall
n/a
RATINGS: 352   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

0.7
radagast83 (8072) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - MAR 30, 2011
I love tomato juice. I don’t particularly like Bud Light - but if it’s there I’ll drink it. But this? Never again. My friend had both the Bud Light and Budweiser versions of this beer and I thought, why not? It’s something new, right? Wrong. I’ve smelled this before. On my 21st birthday, the next morning - after a night of drinking beer and eating pizza, chips and salsa. Perhaps one of the more revolting things I’ve consumed. If you really like Bud, tomato and salt water, this is for you. Comparable to the "regular" version.

0.9
JaBier (7973) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - MAR 6, 2012
Can shared by a friend at the Hopsnobbery Collective’s first (and last) Crappy Beer Tasting on 2/29/12. Pours a clear gold color with a thin white head. Aroma of cold spaghetti sauce and spoiled nastiness. Salty flavor with a tomato ketchup character before a salty tomato finish. Pretty much tastes like ocean water and cold ketchup. Group consensus crowned this gem with the prestigious title of worst beer ever. Close 2nd for yours truly.

PorterPounder (7970) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Tallahassee, Fl. - Circle K convenience store - 24 oz can. Pinkish, Red - Orange fizzy pour with no head. Aroma is that of a Bloody Mary with hints of clam juice. Salty flavor, spicy V-8 tomato juice, some clam juice as it first hits the tongue. If I had a stick of celery, I could swear this was a Bloody Mary. Thickish mouthfeel. Would be a good morning after pick me-up. Kind of a guilty pleasure - shouldn’t like it but I do!.

0.6
BMan1113VR (7931) - Los Angeles, California, USA - FEB 7, 2010
24oz can purchased with angrypirate06. Properly served as per the can’s instructions (invierta un par de veces antes de servir, but !NO AGITE!)! I never thought this day would come to pass, but it has. Here it goes. Oh, by the way, I hate tomatoes. Looks a bit like a fruit lambic. Well, the label mentioned that it has a "certified color". Well, don’t know what that is, but I’m sure their right. Hazy red-orange pour that looks a bit like guava juice. Head fizzes away quickly and some protein left on the side of the glass. Oh WOW. RANCID. Everything I hate about bloody marys, with the addition of urine, oyster juice, enough salt to send your blood pressure through the roof! Ketchup. Nothing remotely appetizing. Celery, sugar. Fizzy, acidic, salt...holy crap thats salty. Seriously: why? This beer is INFURIATING! Fizzy. Wow...a beer that truly leaves me speechless.

lusikka (7813) - Tampere, FINLAND - NOV 28, 2014
473 ml can. Thanks rosenbergh. Pours a cloudy orange colour without a head. Loads of sediment, meaning tomato in this case. Aroma of tomato juice and green cooked vegetables. Flavour of very strong tomato juice notes, spiciness, green vegetable notes and salt. It’s extremely hard to recognize this as a beer. Definitely something I haven’t tasted before. It’s like a soup, but it’s beer.

1.4
FROTHINGSLOSH (7796) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 15, 2016
This stuff is awful...but I was expecting worse. +++ Sampled from a 16 oz can this beer poured a fizzy and murky red-pink color with a large foamy orange head that faded quickly and left no lacing. The aroma was bad marinara, pepper and clam. The flavor was fizzy watered down tomato juice with strong ground pepper and a bit of clam. Regrettably long finish. Light body. Awful.

Ernest (7697) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Can. Head is initially small, fizzy/frothy, light pink, fully diminishing. Body is murky medium pinkish-amber. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), with notes of tomato juice and other vegetables, metal. Flavor is moderately sweet, moderately acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately acidic, lightly bitter, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. I almost choked upon swallowing. The smell is kind of like bile/vomit. Bear in mind I don’t like tomato juice or clamato, but still...this is like a nightmare in both aroma and flavor. And I have a can of the regular Bud Chelada still yet to rate, *shudder*.

0.8
Geokkjer (7627) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - AUG 11, 2013
Can. Pours pink with an off white head. Aroma of celery, tomato and some fruitiness. Flavor is sweet and salty tomato juice with some fruitiness.

0.9
Sledutah (7527) - Utah, USA - MAR 11, 2013
16oz can shared by Doug, why?
Hazy pinkish with a small white head, no lacing. Aroma and taste of stale old tomato juice, salty and dirty water
Bad

Ughsmash (7508) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 17, 2009
24oz can. Poured cloudy pink with an almost instantly-receding cap of white head. The aroma picked up stale tomato juice, vomit, and salty clam juice.. came together with the consistency of the third rinsing of a pizza sauce jar.. just awful. The flavor had more tomato juice and stewed tomato at the core, with the aforementioned vomit resonating outward.. again it was salty, picking up a little basil.. far too long of a nasty finish. Light-bodied, with a syrupy, nasty feel from the tomato juice. Why the hell did I buy this? This joins the regular Bud Chelada and Cave Creek Chili as the only completely undrinkable beers I’ve come across.