overall
n/a
RATINGS: 327   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

gunnfryd (14985) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JAN 2, 2014
Can. Red orange colour with a pinkish head. Aroma is sewer, malt, tomato, peppar. Flavour is malt, salt, tomato, peppar. Horrible beer.

Reimer96 (1743) - Alberta, CANADA - FEB 23, 2014
Wow the idea of mixing two separate drinks in one can and marketing and having people buy it is fuckin ludacris. It’s like the premixed jd and Cola cans... Quit being lazy both Brewers and buyers... Go buy a jug of clam and a 8er of bud light and you’ll have a better experience... Not by much but that’s just due to the ingredients.

solidfunk (9034) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - FEB 18, 2015
I’m pretty sure this was nearly the worst beer I’ve ever had. Except for the regular bud chelada I had next. The clamato aroma does a good job at hiding the bud aroma, but too bad I hate clamato as well. Nasty. Thanks to MrChopin - your villainy at bringing this deserves recognition.

exadore (92) - Sacramento, California, USA - NOV 22, 2007
Wow! This is just as horrible as regular Bud and Clamato. Not really surprised after drinking it once, but now I’m curious if Anheuser-Busch will abandon this or pump millions of dollars into advertising it for years.

OldMrCrow (2443) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 12, 2008
24 oz can in Gunnison, Co.

It’s a bad night for beer. Tonight I drank a Steamworks Ale Diablo, perhaps yielding the biggest deficit below expected quality --- and I also tried this one. Which was no surprise; I figured it as a shoe-in for the worst I’d ever had, I eschewed the regular version for the Bud Light variety, and it did not surprise.

Pours a sickly pink. Aroma makes me want to vomit before the first sip. Even with encouragement from the local peanut gallery I can’t get more than three sips into this one. This has nothing to do with beer.

I’ll be astonished if I ever find worse.

puzzl (3258) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2008
24oz can from Maniac, shared with a good 15 people. Wow, what a beer. I was afraid to even put it in my mouth after smelling it. Pure garlic, celery, tomatoes, all that V8 shit, which I find disgusting in its own right. The flavor was so bad I almost vomited. I kid you not. I’ve never actually had another beer this gross, it kind of makes me want to bump up all my other 0.5 ratings to be more fair to those.

graham515 (537) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2008
A sip of this beer was all that I needed to rate this a 0.5. The smell of this beer is weird, the appearance is red, the flavor is vomit inducing. But hey, to each their own

Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 50th rating of this beer!!!! Shared by puzzl (thanks?). Poured neon orange out of the monstrous 24 ounce can. No head on this beast. The color really scared me I must admit. Butthat was nothing compared to the stench of this crap. Tomatoes, celery, and salt were the big names; all things that should not be in beer of any kind. I guess there was some clam in there too, but my nostrils were blown out. Taste is horrible as well, more tomatoes, clam and salt. I mean, it drowned out the flavor of bud light, but that wasn’t as much of a good thing as one would hope. This just screamed terrible one the palate and finish. I thought i was gonna lose it afer just one sip. How does one complete the arduous task of finishing the whole thing?

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.