overall
n/a
RATINGS: 349   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 15, 2007
This is the foulest tasting thing on earth. Me and my buddy had this tonight. It is beyond anything horrific I could ever imagine. It is so bad I had to bump all of my 0.5 ratings to a 0.6 because no beer should be on the same level as this. How this is not the worst beer in the world is beyond me. After taking one swig each my buddy and I were in pain writhing on the couch. I turned to him and said I need another sip to make sure it is really that bad. He said, "Fuck you, if you take another I have to as well." Yes it is the worst beer.........nay worst creation with a flavor ever made. I tried to follow this up with an SA Imperial Pils thinking the hops would cleanse the palate, the bitterness would wash away the pain. Boy was I wrong, it was similar to eating the hottest food in your life and sticking your tongue in water. Sure it felt good at first, but once the Pils went down the pain came back. Baffled by the staying power of this vile brew I turned to the only thing I could think of to combat it. SA triple bock at room temp from my closet. Well let me tell you the SA triple bock tasted like pure chocolate, as if you were eating a super rich chocolate candy bar. To my amazement it could NOT get rid of the foul taste. Keep in mind neither my friend nor I were even close to drunk at this point. Shortly after the Pils and TB he went outside and starting throwing up his guts. All I could hear is, "It is so much worse coming up." I can only believe that is so. This beer should not only be banned from this site, but banned from life. To drink this beer is to look death in the face and try and laugh. You cant laugh because death wins and you lose. Never in my life have I ever lost more. If my entire family died in a plane crash I would still win more than I would if I had drank this foul wretched vile concoction. This is not beer it is in fact the only proof of hell on earth. It may in fact be the devils piss himself. Getting kicked in the balls receives a higher rating than this piece of trash.

Scubatrip (610) - Annandale, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Oh dear God this was terrible! I bought two tall boys at a gas station outside Las Vegas because I thought it was hilarious. The last thing I expected was to see this actually listed on Ratebeer. Well, here goes the rating: From the (tall boy) can, pours like a Bloody Mary--thick, red, ominous. The taste is what can only be described as hilariously awful. My friend and I both took a sip (tis always better to share) and with all my gag-reflex-suppressing strength, choked it down. We each spent the next two minutes cursing each other for making the other drink it, until his girlfriend came in, and we attempted to pretend it wasnt that bad to make her try it. She did, (misery loves company), which resulted in a similar reaction. To prove it wasnt terrible, or perhaps hoping to believe the second sip woulndt be as wretched as the first, we each took another sip, spat it out, poured the rest down the drain, and fought over who had the bottle of Jack, trying to get the taste out of our mouths. I dont know what A-B exec was smoking/drinking/huffing what drug to approve this, but it is just God-awful.

EKGoldings (653) - Radford, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2007
Yuk, yuk, yuk. (shudder wracks spine). Do I need to say more? Really, this is truly nasty. I think used motor oil would go better with beer than clamato.

exadore (92) - Sacramento, California, USA - NOV 22, 2007
Wow! This is just as horrible as regular Bud and Clamato. Not really surprised after drinking it once, but now Im curious if Anheuser-Busch will abandon this or pump millions of dollars into advertising it for years.

OldMrCrow (2431) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 12, 2008
24 oz can in Gunnison, Co.

Its a bad night for beer. Tonight I drank a Steamworks Ale Diablo, perhaps yielding the biggest deficit below expected quality --- and I also tried this one. Which was no surprise; I figured it as a shoe-in for the worst Id ever had, I eschewed the regular version for the Bud Light variety, and it did not surprise.

Pours a sickly pink. Aroma makes me want to vomit before the first sip. Even with encouragement from the local peanut gallery I cant get more than three sips into this one. This has nothing to do with beer.

Ill be astonished if I ever find worse.

puzzl (3258) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2008
24oz can from Maniac, shared with a good 15 people. Wow, what a beer. I was afraid to even put it in my mouth after smelling it. Pure garlic, celery, tomatoes, all that V8 shit, which I find disgusting in its own right. The flavor was so bad I almost vomited. I kid you not. Ive never actually had another beer this gross, it kind of makes me want to bump up all my other 0.5 ratings to be more fair to those.

graham515 (537) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2008
A sip of this beer was all that I needed to rate this a 0.5. The smell of this beer is weird, the appearance is red, the flavor is vomit inducing. But hey, to each their own

Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really wish Puzzl didnt bring this to the HDG last weekend. I woulld have been much happier in life having never had this. Bastard. This was the most horrid, vile piece of shit beer experience I have ever had. Sure there are tons of crappy watered down metallic pale lager swill out there- but at least you can probably drink a whole can of the stuff if forced to. Not so with the Bud Light Chelada. Served in a massive 24 oz can- as if drinking a regular can wouldnt be impossible enough. I doubt we killed the entire 24 oz despite giving samples to anyone that would venture a taste. Actually, I seem to recall some people being so afraid of this concoction that they wouldnt even go near it, let alone have a small sip. This stuff pours a wierd metalicy rusty looking orange pinkish amber with no head. Aroma is of low-tide and putrid rank clams sitting in the summer sun. Horrible tomato puree and garlic all over the place with just a bit of carbonation from the bud light whose almost non-existant flavors could not be found through the mess of clamato. Tons more garlic, seawater, clam, tomato paste, and saltl for the flavor. Metallicy, salty, and just plain horrifying mouthfeel. My whole body almost went into convulsions upon ingesting this nectar of the devil. Absolutely undrinkable, and I would give anyone $20 to sit there and drink an entire 24 oz of this shit.

MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 50th rating of this beer!!!! Shared by puzzl (thanks?). Poured neon orange out of the monstrous 24 ounce can. No head on this beast. The color really scared me I must admit. Butthat was nothing compared to the stench of this crap. Tomatoes, celery, and salt were the big names; all things that should not be in beer of any kind. I guess there was some clam in there too, but my nostrils were blown out. Taste is horrible as well, more tomatoes, clam and salt. I mean, it drowned out the flavor of bud light, but that wasnt as much of a good thing as one would hope. This just screamed terrible one the palate and finish. I thought i was gonna lose it afer just one sip. How does one complete the arduous task of finishing the whole thing?

joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2008
My first .5. This is freaking terrible. Imagine a bloody mary with carbonation, and made using the cheapest grainiest vodka you can find. I enjoy a good bloody from time to time, but the salt in this is more than even the saltiest bloody I have made.