overall
n/a
RATINGS: 327   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

shrubber85 (11618) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - NOV 3, 2007
24 oz can. Tomato and clam juice with just a hint of skunky malt. Cloudy orange red color with no head (at least the bud chelada had that). Tomato and clam juice flavor with more of a skunky malt flavor. I agree with IrishBoy -like you had drank a Budweiser Chelada on a empty stomach and vomited it back up.

shackinetics (132) - Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2008
This is Bud Light + Clamato. Pours pink and foamy and generally tastes of watered down clamato and salt and celery and fizzy crapiness. Palate consists of just generally trying to choke it down. I am now 100% confident that AB can successfully bring absolutely anything to market and people will buy it.

cheap (6085) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2008 This is one weird beer drinking experience. Red foaming stuff, yet no head. Aroma of hot spicy weird meat or gravy. I have to watch my gag reflex when I swallow. This may be an insult to the word beer. More tomato and less clam, maybe. As far as enjoyability goes, on par with sake but looks prettier. Blah. I must refuse to try the Budweiser version. Simply terrible palate and taste. Almost drinkable if you hold your nose. This was my first ever drain pour after over 1000 beers!

jsquire (4599) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - FEB 6, 2008
I saw this 24 oz can in the grocery store before the Super Bowl and figued what the hell. Let’s see what all the fuss is about. Odd peachy color with a huge fizzy pink hued head. The aroma is very strange, with boiled tomatoes, celery, V-8 spices and stomach acid. My first reaction was that this tastes like a bad, thin bloody mary. The tomato is obvious, it is pretty spicy with black pepper and tabasco, and you can even taste the celery stick. But it is really an offensive mixture. I never understood mixing beer and tomato juice, and beer and Clamato is just that much worse of an idea. I just can’t finish it. This isn’t beer and hopefully is a gimmick that will go away quickly.

Gypsy19 (726) - California, USA - APR 12, 2008
Oh God, please take my life... I genuinely can’t see how this is not rated the worst beer ever. Oh wait, there’s Budweiser Chelada. Pasta sauce runoff meets dumpster drain meets bum piss. This is one of the worst "beer" experiences I’ve ever had, and I’ve had some bad ones. I guess if you really have something to prove, regular Budweiser Chelada would be worse, but this shit is a very close second. I feel a sense of relief that this one’s out of the way; That is, now that I’ve rated it, I never have to see it or its evil sibling ever again...

moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 26, 2008
worst beer for me at the last Devonshire tasting. Pink color. Looked like tomato soup. Tasted like it too. I would only enjoy this stuff if it was warm and I had some grilled cheese sandwiches to eat with it. I couldn’t even drink the full taster because it made me want to vomit. I could still taste this stuff 15 minutes later, even after another taster. It smelled like rotten tomatoes and tasted like it too. WILL NEVER DRINK THIS AGAIN. Not even if it was the only beer on earth.

BeerGestapo (754) - Mt.Joy, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 26, 2008
(USA) Had this one at a Devonshire tasting. It was a Big Ass can of Scheisse !!!! Hazy pink color with a thin pink head. Clam / Tomato / puke / taste. WOW, I think i just had a can of V8. Well at least V8 is good for you!!!! The taste was awful, this is BEER ?? What the Hell is Anheuser -Busch thinking?? Never again........ :(

UriahHeep (106) - Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2008
The aroma is _slightly_ more tolerable than the taste. Ugh, I really couldn’t force myself to finish a 22 ounce can of this stuff. Just a terrible combination of flavors really, and not enough alcohol to salvage it. And to call it "beer" just seems wrong. Tomato and reconstituted clam broth... barf in a can.

Papsoe (25056) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - SEP 26, 2008
(Can 50 cl. Courtesy of FatPhil. Completely opaque pink/orange with no head. Deeply unpleasant tomato aroma. Thin body with no feel of malt - or beer at all for that matter. Notes of chili, salt and tomato. Quite likely my single most unpleasant beer experience ever. 180908

Ethereal (2471) - Los Angeles, California, USA - DEC 17, 2008
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2008 Can at EBF 2008, Copenhagen, courtesy of FatPhil and his diabolical mistress. It smells of clam juice and tomato juice. It is a lurid orangey red colour. It tastes appalling and the aftertaste will haunt you. This is a beer that tastes like you already threw it up. A testament to man’s inhumanity to man.