overall
n/a
RATINGS: 328   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

shrubber85 (11710) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - NOV 3, 2007
24 oz can. Tomato and clam juice with just a hint of skunky malt. Cloudy orange red color with no head (at least the bud chelada had that). Tomato and clam juice flavor with more of a skunky malt flavor. I agree with IrishBoy -like you had drank a Budweiser Chelada on a empty stomach and vomited it back up.

shackinetics (132) - Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2008
This is Bud Light + Clamato. Pours pink and foamy and generally tastes of watered down clamato and salt and celery and fizzy crapiness. Palate consists of just generally trying to choke it down. I am now 100% confident that AB can successfully bring absolutely anything to market and people will buy it.

cheap (6216) - CHINA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2008 This is one weird beer drinking experience. Red foaming stuff, yet no head. Aroma of hot spicy weird meat or gravy. I have to watch my gag reflex when I swallow. This may be an insult to the word beer. More tomato and less clam, maybe. As far as enjoyability goes, on par with sake but looks prettier. Blah. I must refuse to try the Budweiser version. Simply terrible palate and taste. Almost drinkable if you hold your nose. This was my first ever drain pour after over 1000 beers!

jsquire (4677) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - FEB 6, 2008
I saw this 24 oz can in the grocery store before the Super Bowl and figued what the hell. Let’s see what all the fuss is about. Odd peachy color with a huge fizzy pink hued head. The aroma is very strange, with boiled tomatoes, celery, V-8 spices and stomach acid. My first reaction was that this tastes like a bad, thin bloody mary. The tomato is obvious, it is pretty spicy with black pepper and tabasco, and you can even taste the celery stick. But it is really an offensive mixture. I never understood mixing beer and tomato juice, and beer and Clamato is just that much worse of an idea. I just can’t finish it. This isn’t beer and hopefully is a gimmick that will go away quickly.

Gypsy19 (726) - California, USA - APR 12, 2008
Oh God, please take my life... I genuinely can’t see how this is not rated the worst beer ever. Oh wait, there’s Budweiser Chelada. Pasta sauce runoff meets dumpster drain meets bum piss. This is one of the worst "beer" experiences I’ve ever had, and I’ve had some bad ones. I guess if you really have something to prove, regular Budweiser Chelada would be worse, but this shit is a very close second. I feel a sense of relief that this one’s out of the way; That is, now that I’ve rated it, I never have to see it or its evil sibling ever again...

moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 26, 2008
worst beer for me at the last Devonshire tasting. Pink color. Looked like tomato soup. Tasted like it too. I would only enjoy this stuff if it was warm and I had some grilled cheese sandwiches to eat with it. I couldn’t even drink the full taster because it made me want to vomit. I could still taste this stuff 15 minutes later, even after another taster. It smelled like rotten tomatoes and tasted like it too. WILL NEVER DRINK THIS AGAIN. Not even if it was the only beer on earth.

UriahHeep (106) - Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2008
The aroma is _slightly_ more tolerable than the taste. Ugh, I really couldn’t force myself to finish a 22 ounce can of this stuff. Just a terrible combination of flavors really, and not enough alcohol to salvage it. And to call it "beer" just seems wrong. Tomato and reconstituted clam broth... barf in a can.

gunnfryd (15513) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JAN 2, 2014
Can. Red orange colour with a pinkish head. Aroma is sewer, malt, tomato, peppar. Flavour is malt, salt, tomato, peppar. Horrible beer.

Reimer96 (1778) - Alberta, CANADA - FEB 23, 2014
Wow the idea of mixing two separate drinks in one can and marketing and having people buy it is fuckin ludacris. It’s like the premixed jd and Cola cans... Quit being lazy both Brewers and buyers... Go buy a jug of clam and a 8er of bud light and you’ll have a better experience... Not by much but that’s just due to the ingredients.

slowrunner77 (13206) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 24, 2014
"took the plunge with bothe versions tonight. the aroma was horrid...made me wretch. skunky bud light, peppery stale tomato and clam? horrid. the odd coral colored body was overly carbonated to the point of stomach bloating. the flavor of the light version is "less repulsive" since it’s thinner. bad clam finish, complete with heartburn."