overall
n/a
RATINGS: 350   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thepeter (326) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 26, 2012
Hey this stuff is what it is. I actually like Tomato juice and to me the clam just added saltiness to it all. Pours an awful pink color that reminded me of vomit but with carbonation and without chunks. Smelled like salty tomato juice to me, no beer aroma at all in my opinion. Tasted much of the same but with a bit more to it. Got lots of tomato juice, celery salt, and some spicy flavors from tabasco. A bit of cheap beer to go with it all and water it down. Felt like it had a much nicer body than a Bud light so that was not bad with me, still a bit overcarbonated though. Even though I kind of liked this, I only had about 1/3 of a can. Could drink more but would not bother. Mostly a novelty for me. I am glad that i tried it and would still have another one before grabbing most other BMC products.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - SEP 10, 2007
Dark pink with no head but I wasnt expecting one anyway. Light aroma of spice and tomato juice. flavor is rich, spicy, tomato and hot sauce. Should be in a smaller can. Much better to drink first thing in the morning.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Blairgus (4472) - California, USA - SEP 1, 2011
1 Sept 2011, can. darker than the budweiser chelada. dark rose, hazy with sediment and nut many bubbles. again, more bloody mary than anything. cant really distinguish the aroma between the two cheladas. thin body and a bit fizzy. this isnt as bloody mary consistency as the bud heavy version. still a slightly weak beer and fairly weak bloody mary flavor. couldnt drink much of either but i probably prefer the bud heavy version.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DuffMan (10141) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 2, 2014
Tiny can, found in my neighbours fridge. Is Clamato a distinctly Canadian thing? I know the Caesar is-- Americans have the Bloody Mary, which is not as savoury IMO. Anyway, I really expected to hate this, wanted to hate it! But I actually didnt mind it at all. To be fair, it was like drinking a cold can of Clamato with just an underlying hint of lager beer, but it was tasty. I had another. Im ashamed and feel dirty. Im going to sit in the shower and cry now.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Rmorris007 (50) - - OCT 1, 2014
Good for going on the golf course and hitting some balls. I had mine over ice, and mixed vodka in it. Not too bad

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ordybill (1700) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 5, 2016
Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a cloudy pink color with no head. The aroma is tomatoes. The taste is mostly salty tomato. Not good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
PorterPounder (7807) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Tallahassee, Fl. - Circle K convenience store - 24 oz can. Pinkish, Red - Orange fizzy pour with no head. Aroma is that of a Bloody Mary with hints of clam juice. Salty flavor, spicy V-8 tomato juice, some clam juice as it first hits the tongue. If I had a stick of celery, I could swear this was a Bloody Mary. Thickish mouthfeel. Would be a good morning after pick me-up. Kind of a guilty pleasure - shouldnt like it but I do!.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bradrcr (806) - Renton, Washington, USA - JAN 6, 2008
1/3/08 From 24oz can. Thought this had far more in common with a bloody mary than I expected. I havent had a true climato mixed chelada, but this seemed to have a much more V8/vegetable juice character than tomato. Mouthfeel is not as thick as expected, but definitely thicker than a standard light lager, then occompanied by a spritzy, poplike carbonation. Not something Id choose to drink on my own.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
BeerCast_Rich (1906) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUL 27, 2012
[24fl oz bottle, courtesy of cgarvieuk] Opaque pinkish red. Smells like cheap pasta sauce. Sweet tomato. Thin. Tastes the same as the Bud Clamato. Slightly spicy. Bemused by all the this tastes like vomit in my mouth comments it doesnt really. Just tastes of budget tomato sauce. It doesnt taste like a beer of course, but as a drink Ive had far, far worse although I draw the line at vomit [06072012]

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Maltser85 (358) - Fargo, North Dakota, USA - JUL 1, 2014
I know its only certain parts of the country do bloody beers, but every now and again I crave one. I got this free from work to fill that craving. Tastes just like it should. Light beer mixed with clamato and a lil pepper with lime and salt. Just throw in a pickle and some olives and its a saturday morning with burgers!