overall
n/a
RATINGS: 327   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

PugUglyBrewer (742) - - MAR 23, 2017
Yeah this gets a bad rap for what it is in the beer world, but it is in its own unique league and there aren’t many competitors. It’s cloudy reddish-pink, has sickly tomato and spicy pepper with something resembling bud beer at the core, but you know what...? It pleases like a cheese-filled action movie and it is damn refreshing ice cold on a 100 plus farenheit day here in the SJ valley.

BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - OCT 26, 2007
Pours to a cloudy, pinkish-red colored body with a small pink, bubbly and quickly falling head. The aroma shows some tomato, clam juice, salty seawater, and some very mild scents of sweet pale malt & corn syrup. Taste shows some salty tomato juice, clam juice, and hints of lightly sweet pale malt, corn syrup, light hints of black pepper, and seems to have a bit of hot peppers somewhere in the background. Medium bodied, medium carbonated, this one tastes essentially the same as the regular Bud version...

anderson01 (356) - Spirit Lake, Idaho, USA - FEB 26, 2011
Hazey grapefruit in color. Started with a slight head and decipated rather quickly. Obvious aroma of lime, salt, and clamato. All i can taste is pepper, salt, and lime. Medium in carbonation. It starts out very salty and finishes with a spicey pepper. This would be great for a hangover but no other reason.

thepeter (326) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 26, 2012
Hey this stuff is what it is. I actually like Tomato juice and to me the clam just added saltiness to it all. Pours an awful pink color that reminded me of vomit but with carbonation and without chunks. Smelled like salty tomato juice to me, no beer aroma at all in my opinion. Tasted much of the same but with a bit more to it. Got lot’s of tomato juice, celery salt, and some spicy flavors from tabasco. A bit of cheap beer to go with it all and water it down. Felt like it had a much nicer body than a Bud light so that was not bad with me, still a bit overcarbonated though. Even though I kind of liked this, I only had about 1/3 of a can. Could drink more but would not bother. Mostly a novelty for me. I am glad that i tried it and would still have another one before grabbing most other BMC products.

turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - SEP 10, 2007
Dark pink with no head but I wasnt expecting one anyway. Light aroma of spice and tomato juice. flavor is rich, spicy, tomato and hot sauce. Should be in a smaller can. Much better to drink first thing in the morning.

Blairgus (4613) - California, USA - SEP 1, 2011
1 Sept 2011, can. darker than the budweiser chelada. dark rose, hazy with sediment and nut many bubbles. again, more bloody mary than anything. can’t really distinguish the aroma between the two cheladas. thin body and a bit fizzy. this isn’t as bloody mary consistency as the bud heavy version. still a slightly weak beer and fairly weak bloody mary flavor. couldn’t drink much of either but i probably prefer the bud heavy version.

DuffMan (10548) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 2, 2014
Tiny can, found in my neighbours fridge. Is Clamato a distinctly Canadian thing? I know the Caesar is-- Americans have the Bloody Mary, which is not as savoury IMO. Anyway, I really expected to hate this, wanted to hate it! But I actually didn’t mind it at all. To be fair, it was like drinking a cold can of Clamato with just an underlying hint of lager beer, but it was tasty. I had another. I’m ashamed and feel dirty. I’m going to sit in the shower and cry now.

Rmorris007 (50) - - OCT 1, 2014
Good for going on the golf course and hitting some balls. I had mine over ice, and mixed vodka in it. Not too bad

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 5, 2016
Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a cloudy pink color with no head. The aroma is tomatoes. The taste is mostly salty tomato. Not good.

PorterPounder (8183) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Tallahassee, Fl. - Circle K convenience store - 24 oz can. Pinkish, Red - Orange fizzy pour with no head. Aroma is that of a Bloody Mary with hints of clam juice. Salty flavor, spicy V-8 tomato juice, some clam juice as it first hits the tongue. If I had a stick of celery, I could swear this was a Bloody Mary. Thickish mouthfeel. Would be a good morning after pick me-up. Kind of a guilty pleasure - shouldn’t like it but I do!.