overall
n/a
RATINGS: 327   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Bud Light and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One, ready to go or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours - wherever, whenever!

IlanMan's rating

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
IlanMan (1015) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 15, 2010
Most people save their 1000th rating for a great beer. Just for kicks, I decided to go in the opposite direction; I saved my 1000th rating for the worst possible beer there could ever be, ever! OK, here we go. You don’t really need to use your imagination to figure out what this "beer" is going to taste like, because the can says it all. The pour was more thin than I expected, not at all like a bloody mary. Instead, to my horror, it was mostly Bud Light, with just enough Clamato juice to give it a deep puke color. I made the mistake of smelling the aroma before tasting, which just about scared me away from even taking a sip, but I braved the battle ahead. Blam! Kaplow! Boom! My taste buds literally began fighting me for allowing such a substance into my mouth! Not only did the flavor taste exactly as the can described, but the clam character was quite dominant, and could be felt slowly sliding down your throat in a slimy fashion. Not only did I want to throw up directly after my first, and last, sip, but the taste lingered in my mouth until I made it to the sink with a water cup in hand. This "beer" should be deemed a weapon of mass destruction and I would not wish this on my worst enemy. This truly was the worst beer I have ever tasted or could ever imagine, for it was comparative to licking the anus of a constipated elderly person who forgot to wipe the last time they were able to go to the bathroom. I want to strangle the person that came up with this "beer."

1.4
rdixon77 (3064) - Georgia, USA - JUL 20, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 20, 2017 Yeah, pretty much what you'd think with think with tomato juice and bud light. Weird but interesting tastes

1.1
Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - JUN 2, 2017
Free tick.
The appearance was a muddy red color with no head or lace.
The aroma had burnt tomato, burnt grass, salt and burnt hay.
The flavor had rotten cheese and tomato with some basil and burnt grass. Aftertaste, hmmmmm...I think the crotch out of a dead horse would taste better. There wasn’t a finish.
The palate was somewhere between light and medium bodied with no sort of sessionability about it. Carbonation was overly harsh. The ABV felt appropriate, about the only thing that seemed right.
Overall, you know when someone says joke’s on you, I think the bigger joke is on the guy/gal who wrote the recipe for this beverage. Haha, are we laughing yet?

PugUglyBrewer (805) - - MAR 23, 2017
Yeah this gets a bad rap for what it is in the beer world, but it is in its own unique league and there aren’t many competitors. It’s cloudy reddish-pink, has sickly tomato and spicy pepper with something resembling bud beer at the core, but you know what...? It pleases like a cheese-filled action movie and it is damn refreshing ice cold on a 100 plus farenheit day here in the SJ valley.

0.6
freekyp (2427) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2016
Oh dang. What I won’t do for a rating. This is some truly vile swill. I suppose if you like bloody mary’s this wouldn’t be so bad. Unfortunately for me, I don’t. Strong tomato and lime aroma. No beeriness to be found. Pours a sickly deep pink with no head. Tomato juice flavor with a hefty dose of salt water. Lightly spicy finish is the only decent thing about this train wreck. Drain pour for sure.

Sharonna (1) - Renfrew, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 26, 2016 does not count
I love this beer.i put clamato juice in my beer all the time,but this seems to have a little more zip to it and a lot handier for the cooler and I don’t need to pour it into a glass and mix. Love it, but I got it in Quebec, haven’t found it in Ontario yet. Hope it’s a big seller because I also loved the Bacon Ceaser and they quite making it. Love ,love, love the Chelada, yummy.

1.1
altonbrownd (5897) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - JUN 30, 2016
Can at Snowbird Ski Area. Reddish body with big head. Nose peppery. Taste of tomato juice and vodka. A terrible beer.

beer_rookie (681) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 13, 2016
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2016 25 oz can. Ocassion, I hate my job.

Pours a red, tomato juice color. Aggressive pour, lots of head. No retention, some lacing at the tip top.

Aroma is of tomato, and salt. The head had good aromas of salt, lime and chili that the beer does not.

Taste is tomato and spicy. That’s about all. Not so much lime, yeah some salt. But it’s actually tasty. Like a very light bloody mary.

Mouthfeel is medium, and also watery. It tastes like it should be heavier in body and higher ABV, only 4.2%, really? Has a pleasing tingling burn after the swalow.

Overall, it’s not bad. I probably will not drink it again, but I’ll try more in the style.

I’ve read some of the reviews here, and seriously. It’s...not...that...bad....My first couple of sips were terrible too, because I wasn’t quite expecting it to be so tomato. But my palate adjusted, and boom, I’m drinking it and liking it. Open your minds, give it another try.

Update! I’m lowering my rating a little, because the tomato in this is very heavy. 25 oz of this is too much. Still pretty good!

oldrtybastrd (5228) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 12, 2016
Pours a golden reddish yellow. Aromas of grass, malts, and a touch of briney tomato. Flavor is briney, tomato, cheap lager...but I love me some red beer.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 5, 2016
Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a cloudy pink color with no head. The aroma is tomatoes. The taste is mostly salty tomato. Not good.

ffbot (450) - Oakland, California, USA - MAR 14, 2016
It’s an average chelada brew. Big tomato presence, salty, and looks like puke as always. Here’s a hint: add a shot of vodka or tequila for an extra kick and some flavor