overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 248   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Margaritas, the classic summer cocktail, are getting a fresh twist this summer with today’s national launch of Bud Light Lime Lime-a-Rita, the latest addition to the growing Bud Light portfolio. Blending the flavor of an authentic margarita with a refreshing splash of Bud Light Lime, Lime-a-Rita is an 8%* ABV margarita-flavored alcohol beverage that meets a growing demand among adult drinkers seeking sweeter alternatives.

dlihcsnatas' rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dlihcsnatas (780) - Temple, Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2014
I have had other lime beers and so called margarita flavored beers but they taste like beer with a shot of lime juice. OK so this doesn’t taste like beer but for me that is a good thing. I love a good margarita in the summer and after so many flops in this genre of beers I had my doubts this would be any good. WOW! was I surprised by this one. It is the same lime juice color as I have come to expect from a real margarita. Has the right aroma too. The taste, well if I didn’t know better I would think that I am drinking a real margarita from a salt rimmed glass. This is about as close to having a margarita as you can get without the Tequila. Best part is that I don’t have to squeeze a bunch of limes or salt up a glass for this. I can just pop it open and enjoy. Had been looking at this one for a long time and just couldn’t seem to bring myself to try it. Grabbed one from a gas station while on a road trip just because they had them on display and now I am mad at myself for not trying this sooner. This is now on my top pick for too hot for anything other than the pool and a margarita day.

Kleg (405) - The Beach, Florida, USA - NOV 22, 2017
25 oz can. Clear pineapple juice colored pour with zero head or lacing. Strong margarita nose. Very sweet lime and margarita flavor. 8.0 ABV is readily apparent. This is alco-pop, not beer. Liquid headache. Tick.

arn8897 (448) - Trenton, Ohio, USA - NOV 5, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2017 Pours a pale yellow with a white head. Aromas of lime. Very sweet. Overly sweet. Does not taste like beer.

1.1
Niko100 (2995) - Chicago, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2017
Very light straw color; Medium body; Aroma and flavor of sweet malt/wheat, & strong citrus/lime; I can see how this might be refreshing on a hot day - but lets not call it a beer.

PugUglyBrewer (792) - - JUL 17, 2017
Drinks like a sophomoric margarita. Refreshing enough to drink with a big plate of tacos.

JPDIPSO (6287) - Wauwatosa, USA - MAY 29, 2017
Light hazy, green tinted straw liquid. Aromas of lime, wood, salt and agave. Sugary lime flavors. Lime Kool-aide with a hint of tequila. 4/13

ruigo (3080) - PORTUGAL - NOV 28, 2016
237ml can. Hazy pale yellow. Lime and sweet aroma. Taste is sweet with lime notes. Too sweet.

johnnymusky (1004) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 2, 2016
Sample from rep...i drank it because it was free...not really enjoyable but drinkable in a pinch.

drjay44 (3833) - Salida, Colorado, USA - FEB 19, 2016
25 0z. can. Pours no head, over a fizzy, cloudy yellow (SRM 3) body........nose is lime, with a hint of lemon, no malts, no hops, light tequila, moderate chemical tones.....taste is slightly sweet, with lemon lime sourness, light tequila notes, no malts, no hops, lingering chemical notes.......mouth feel light and watery, moderate alcohol, high quite fizzy soda like carbonation. The qualities of beer are almost completely absent from this concoction. Fruit beers should have an identifiable beer character that is enhanced by the fruit addition. This is really more of an alcoholic chemical laden soda pop. BJCP 4/1/6/3/4

beer_rookie (665) - Arkansas, USA - FEB 15, 2016
Tough to rate this. It’s not truly a beer.

Pours a lemonade, okay, limeade color. No head, no lacing. For a beer, it’s bad.

Aroma is much like a margarita. Lime and salt and maybe tequila. Smells okay.

Taste is salty lime with tequila kick. What else would you expect? It’s actually okay.

Mouthfeel is medium body. There’s nothing refreshing, or notable about it.

Overall, it’s similar in taste to a margarita. Again, pretty good. I’ll give my overall a better score than the rest of the categories. I don’t think I’ll have this again, but I’m curious enough now to want to try the others.

ClarkVV (6873) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 29, 2016
Can from Martys, drunk 1/16/16.
Like its brethren, it’s wholly artificial, not worth being poured in to a glass and not palatable. Probably worse than the mango but maybe better than the apple? Artificial lime, sugar, chemical and syrup on the end. They do hide the abv well, I guess? Not much to say, but sure, I’ll take the tick.