overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 194   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
The beer based margarita is now introduced with strawberry flavoring. This is our take on the traditional margarita. Beer drinkers were already mixing Bud Light Lime into margaritas to create ‘beer ritas’; Lime-a-Rita just adds a new level of convenience by providing a beverage with the perfect balance of flavors.

joeneugs (6372) - Livermore, California, USA - FEB 22, 2015
8 oz. can from Safeway. It pours a bright reddish/pink color with a fizzy and disappearing head. The aroma is straight up strawberry preserves, strawberry syrup with massive sugary sweetness. The flavor is the same. Big strawberry, sugar, hints of lime and alcohol. The finish is still sweet, sugary and syrupy. Honestly, this would be a pretty great option if you’re looking for something sweet, fruity and a cheap, quick buzz. Not really offensive if you love tooth rotting sugar. I think I drank about five ounces before I drain poured the rest, but I would probably take this over a regular Bud Light at a party on a summer day.

sonnycheeba (6342) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 18, 2013
Can. Pours bright, strawberry red with hardly a trace of head. Aroma is strawberry margarita, salt, lime, and slight funk. Flavor is just what you would expect and its not good.

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 13, 2013
Reddish-pink color with a white head. The aroma if full of sweet strawberries. The flavor is a mix of strawberries, sugar and some light tartness. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. I should probably hate this beer, but I kind of like it.

cheap (6085) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 17, 2015
Not sure how this soda pop thing from a can is ratable at ratebeer, pretty funny, heheh. Red kool-aid color. Yes a soda pop malt beverage fer sure. has a alky laced feel to it, wew. Overall it smells pretty good but then that alky taste has a bit of a kick in the flavor, makes it seems so artificial overall. So, funny, some ciders are rejected because of the fruit but this isn’t! Yes, not a beer but goes down so easy wew. Good thing this is only 8 ounces, the sugar and alky mix would kill my stomach in larger amounts.

snoworsummer (6069) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 18, 2013
From a can. Pours neon clear red. Light body and low carbonation. Tastes like koolaid and not like beer. Sugary aroma.

0.7
Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Ain’t no time like the right time in Southeastern Alaska to have a crappy beer to remind how crappy fishing was to me. Sigh, here goes. I did pour this into a pint glass and thought my eyebrows were just about blown off due to the carbonation pounding through the beer and practically in my face, and no, I did not shake this up I wasn’t born yesterday. There really wasn’t anything else to look at. The smell had a glossed over sort of strawberry trying to come but ultimately failing. The taste actually had the strawberry but it was really subpar as I didn’t really find it to be satisfying. On the palate, I would like to say this beer watched that commercial about "going into beast mode" (nike, maybe, sorry, can’t remember). The carbonation moves into beast mode and basically rapes and strips my taste buds and tongue without letting me even to try to say "uncle.....you win, you win, please let me go. Overall, what the flying fill in the blank was this. Cue Dierks Bentley: "what was I thinking?"

rumproasts (6035) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 14, 2013
can. Red with small head. Strawberry alco-pop. Tastes just like a strawberry margarita, which is to say there’s nothing beer-like about it.

0.9
hayduke (5677) - Eureka, California, USA - APR 28, 2014
This was inflected on at an esbls tasting. This is really not very good. It i too sweet and the alcohol does this no favors. I guess somebody must like this. Not me.

Aurelius (5570) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAR 22, 2013
Tall boy, Shell Station. Misty, bright coral colored, next to no head. Bad can. Smells like Tahitian Treat. An interesting flavor, relative to the smell -- very sweet, a little saline, a little musky, some cactus/veggie notes. Warming. Clingy, syrupy body with a strawberry jam aftertaste. I’m not sure where the line is between beer and shandy and alcopop, but this is swerving near it.

1.3
JohnnyJ (5569) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 18, 2013
Can. Pours a red/pink fizzy, no head. Sweet artificial strawberry flavoring, a bit of lime, nasty chemical flavoring, and cheap malt liquor booze. Blech pretty bad.