overall
RATINGS: 468   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.66/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bud Light Platinum has reinvented the category of light beer. Within each cobalt blue bottle lies a bold formula that’s triple filtered with a smooth finish to create its stop shelf taste. Its the first of its kind, and the only beer worthy of the name Bud Light Platinum.

cheap (5962) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 17, 2012
Took me a while to score this in my own little way. Looks like pale lager, but at 180 calories, I’m not sure how its a light beer; is this like you know bud light ice? Goes down fairly easy and does a half decent job of hiding the alky but fer sure it does come across like any other ice beerm but perhaps a little more acceptable. Decent co2 there. I swore it smelled a little cooked cabage at first. Not as impressed as I thoguht it would be. So, now you have it a macro big wig on the decline. Well, maybe this is a little better tasting than a cheap ice beer. At least it hasn’t brot up the gag reflex.

0.6
mmmbeer (1427) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 16, 2012
Beer at a friend’s BBQ on Sunday- poured into Red Solo cup- poured an easily transparent piss yellow color, white head became nothing by the time I lit up a smoke. Aroma of... hard water. Really, hard water was all I got from it. Hits the mouth like hard water- I’ll be damned, you can’t taste the malt, hops, yeast- absolutely nothing. And I was looking- after 3, I just gave up. Save the water AB for better things than this crap.

radagast83 (8193) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - JUL 15, 2012
Had at a cookout this weekend. I really can’t say this beer is much different than Bud Light. There’s a mostly bland, unappealing quality to it - sweet character is unappetizing. I went into this with higher expectations - because many of my friends who aren’t into craft beer hated it - usually that means the beer is actually good and they just don’t realize it, but I have to hand it to them, they were right.

I really don’t want to hate on this just to hate on it, the branding of "Bud Light" to sell products simply because the brand name alone pushes mediocre products to the gullible consumer (See: Bud Light Wheat and Bud Light Lime), it’s just not really that good of a beer.

If you’re going to play calorie counter, you may as well just consume one or two fewer, higher quality beverages. And if you’re buying it because it has a alcohol percentage that clocks in a full 1.8 points higher (aka: "more bang for your buck") you may as well just go get yourself a bottle of cheap vodka - since you obviously are getting drunk and aren’t drinking it to appreciate the taste.

Hanan (86) - NW Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUL 14, 2012
In the cheap mass produced beer category Bud Light is one of my top choices. Still mad they took away my Bud Light Wheat, bastards!! Anyways, this may be the WORST BEER I’VE EVER HAD. Worse than drinking warm, flat budweiser cans as a teenager when I didn’t care for(understand) the taste of beer yet. What in the hell were they thinking with this beer? I finished this beer to give it a fair shot as the worst beer I’ve ever had. Let me now look over the top of a pair of spectacles and get all beer snobby about it. Aroma of the heel of cheap bread previously frozen, left out for days to the point of getting hard, and cooked into toast. Taste slightly sweet, and, hmmm let’s see..... I’m detecting the slight taste of toilet water that spatters into your mouth when puking. The remaining 5 in my 6 pack were used to cook with.

0.8
Beerathon (1683) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 12, 2012
Smelled bad and taste worse. Bubblegum and a little fruitiness in the aroma (maybe grapefruit). Didn’t get any real hop or malt on the tongue, just some jumbled mess of crap.

1.1
oddaroma (139) - Texas, USA - JUL 9, 2012
One of the worst brews I’ve had from A/B. Smells like cheap rice beer with added alcohol. The taste is like pouring a bud light into a glass rinsed with rubbing alcohol. Unless you’re just looking for a quick buzz, skip this one. Disappointing.

1.3
Nickls (2555) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUL 4, 2012
Bottle. Thank you to friends that left 2 extras after a party. I’m not even bothering to pour this into a glass. From what I can tell it smells of light corn, white sugar and light fruit. MLt liqour flavors of sweetness and cooked corn, sugar, and fruity sweetness. Lighter body still that has some bubbly carbonation. I would rather malt liquour with a highr abv.

1.2
saxo (18960) - Højbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - JUL 4, 2012
Bottle. Small head with short duration. Color is pale yellow. Aroma and taste are malt, notes of hops and water. Platinum light in taste!

boxofrane (2553) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 1, 2012
Bottle. Pours clear yellow with a head that vanishes in moments. Aroma is absent. Taste is medium corn lager but not bad. Watery.

1.3
freekyp (2363) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - JUN 30, 2012
Better than Bud and Bud light combined. Aroma shows a hint of grassy hops. Malt character is there, barely, and not completely offensive, though there is some corny adjunct in there. Medium bodied. Clean crisp finish. I drank this is 104 degree weather in NC, and it hit a spot. Maybe not THE spot, but it did quench my thirst.