overall
RATINGS: 498   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bud Light Platinum has reinvented the category of light beer. Within each cobalt blue bottle lies a bold formula that’s triple filtered with a smooth finish to create its stop shelf taste. Its the first of its kind, and the only beer worthy of the name Bud Light Platinum.

PhatCatt (85) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - AUG 8, 2015
UPDATED: AUG 31, 2016 Light golden color with floral notes, crisp. Not bad, better than expected.

CapFlu (5127) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 6, 2015
Light gold with high carbonation. Nose is more corn malt than the original. No detection of hops. Somewhat watery but a step up from regular Bud Light. Courtesy of my brother in law.

gramity (1668) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 27, 2015
Appearance is transparent gold. Taste is watery corn pee. I don’t like Bud Light, so the fact that this is 6% is somewhat redeeming. However, this is still an offence to good beer and I’d prefer it was never made.

jsmanigold (127) - Texas, USA - JUL 24, 2015
This brew actually surprised me. This is probably the best product AB has produced. It is light sweet and refreshing. This beer is a great choice after work on a hot summer day.

kellzbellz (1) - radford, Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2015 does not count
I refuse to drink anything else!!!!!! Its a little expensive but its totally worth it!!! Even tho I wish it wasn’t so expensive!!!!! And I’d love to be able to find a 24 pack or a 30 pack!!!!!!! All I’ve seen is 22’s, 6 packs and 12 packs!!!!! But I rate it a 100 plus!!!!!!!

Alcoman (4) - Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2015 does not count
This is the socially acceptable drink for someone in a crowd of judgemental know-nothings. Still tastes like BL piss-water but has the potency to get you tipsy enough to deal with the likes of the closed-minded. You can drink it like water and it goes through as such. Ideal for lightweight novices but decent enough to fit in with the crowd.

beer_rookie (566) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 7, 2015
Pours a light golden straw color. Looks like Bud Light. It has a head that lasts pretty well, probably longer than a Bud Light. Lots of little bubbles, and they’re clinging to the sides of my glass like crazy! Lacing? Did I miss it?

Right from the moment I opened the bottle, I could smell something. At first I thought it was floral, but now I think it’s just ’unroasted’ malt. It also has alcohol on the nose. It’s different. I don’t know why I’m rating it as highly as I am.

Taste is very light, the lightness of Bud Light of course. But because of it, I taste alcohol, and I detect some hoppiness in there. The hops bitterness is countered by some sweetness. It’s pretty good. In no way complex, but it works,

Mouthfeel, yeah. I don’t know what it is, but it just doesn’t finish very clean. It’s light in body, but doesn’t finish clean and crisp like Bud Light. Not that I’m comparing it necessarily to Bud Light, but it’s not what I expect.

Overall, it’s pretty good. After 22oz of this, and the alcohol is starting to kick in, it’s starting to seem better and better. I like it. I would drink it again. I would recommend it. But if it’s a high alcohol beer you want, there are better options. If it’s Bud Light you want, then that’s what you should buy. If you want both, then ’this Bud’s for you!"

GIJOE (1204) - North Berwick, Maine, USA - MAY 5, 2015
Clear, pale gold, fizzy. No head. Nose slightly malty. Tastes sweet like diet soda. Slightly bitter aftertaste. What can I say? It's better than standard Bud Light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

maley1 (1273) - Calgary, CANADA - MAY 5, 2015
Clear yellow pour with medium white head. Aroma of malts, grains and metallic. Taste of malts, grains, corn and a metallicky sweet finish. Light bodied, medium carbonation, drinkable but not very good.

J_man (996) - Tustin, California, USA - MAY 3, 2015
12 oz. bottle left in my fridge by a visitor. There’s next to no aroma from this crystal clear very light yellow beer with a thin and quickly dissipating but persistent white head. The same goes for the flavor although there is a decent tasting very light breadiness. There is a light hop taste and bitterness too although it’s kind of muddled. I was surprised that it actually had a bit more body than I thought it would for a light lager. Leaves behind that annoying "Bud" taste that makes me feel like I’m going to wake up with a headache (although it’s not as bad as I remember from other Bud products) . This definitely starts going downhill as soon as it starts warming up in the slightest. Overall, I was surprised that this didn’t suck as much as I thought it would.