overall
n/a
RATINGS: 2942   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Introduced nationally in 1982, Bud Light is brewed with a malt and hops ratio different from Budweiser for a distinctively crisp taste with fewer calories.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - JUN 20, 2002
I don’t know what to say. When I was younger, this was the beer everyone drank. Now, after being around Rate Beer for a couple of years and watching my beer palate grow, this beer comes off as what it is, a very watered down beer with little taste. It is refreshing to chug on a 90 degree day, but then, so is water. This beer is so huge and is drank by every demographic that it is frightening.

Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - JUN 19, 2002
Okaysince I made my confessional about Budweiser, time to reveal my Bud Light drinking. Okay, we have a friday bar at work. Since everyone seems to be watching their weight, the normal selection is often mostly light. If you don’t get there soon, all the few microbrews are long gone(story of my life). I drink this practically every Friday because it’s that or Heinekin and sorry I hate the skunky smell. The beer is a lighter version of Bud, drinkable, but almost not there in terms of taste, body or character.

1.1
DDD99 (1) - USA - JUN 18, 2002 does not count
Bud Light is the staple beer of high school kids and broke-ass military guys. At 4.2% and $12.80 a case, you can’t go wrong though.

0.8
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUN 16, 2002
Can’t beleive this stuff sells for the price it does. Guess all the marketing pays off. This beer sucks.

MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 16, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2005 This is what I always turn to after having drunk too much real beer. It doesn’t add to my already bloated gut and I feel like I am still drinking beer and keeping up with the crowd.

0.7
mattduling (64) - Fairmont, West Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2002
It is all my pussy friends will drink because they are losers but I get hammered and its cheap.

1.1
BeerManiac6699 (11) - USA - JUN 7, 2002
There is no taste, no aroma, but at least it’s not as disgusting as some other popular made in the USA beers are...

1.2
baseballguy (246) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 1, 2002
Inoffensive, but that’s the only positive thing one can say. I have to save the 0.5 ratings for beers that make me want to throw up.

JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 30, 2002
Ok, I might defend Budweiser, but i won’t defend bud light. The little distinctive flavor that budweiser has is lost when made into a light beer. Reminds me of high school, so a bit of nostalgia remains, but not much flavor.

Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - MAY 25, 2002
It’s ok.... but I would rather buy Schaefer light.