overall
n/a
RATINGS: 3030   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Introduced nationally in 1982, Bud Light is brewed with a malt and hops ratio different from Budweiser for a distinctively crisp taste with fewer calories.

Archibald89's rating

Archibald89 (38) - Illinois, USA - JUL 6, 2012
A College beer. The aroma is metallic with a hint of grain. The beer has little to no taste and the little taste is of metal and bad bread. Would never drink this unless youre desperate.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
talentsolutions (1) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 28, 2017 does not count
On draught at local Wetherspoons; the glass is undoubtedly a highlight of this refreshingly light beer. Adorned with intricate designs and strikingly bold font it truly whets the palate for what is to come. Why the high overall score I hear you ask? Well, if you want a good beer there are many options; light beer is the exception to this rule. Bud Light is the only option here as it hits the niche with perfect execution unmastered by no other beer. Despite its many flaws I find myself drawn back to its "come hither" charms whenever I frequent my local watering hole. I regularly feel drawn to caressing the glass due to the crisp refreshment held within. Despite its prominent watery body I find myself reflecting upon bygone years in smoke ridden bars. All that I had in these days to take away the pain of homework and emptying the dishwasher was the victory attained by begging my parent/guardian to purchase me a shandy. This beer sucker punches me in the kidneys with nostalgia. Smell. Underwhelming. Moving swiftly on... The carbonation of this beer hits a sweet spot between hours of discomfort and hours of disappointment; adding a welcome break from the slight blandness that is present here and the melancholy that one could slip in to. The blondness of this beer takes me away to delicate fantasies of Pixie Lott stood beside the Trevi Fountain in Rome, of stolen kisses at midnight beside the colosseum and away days with the lads. For all the drawbacks of Bud Light it is an excellent beer. Only a truly superb beer could take one on such a journey in ones mind. Its that tatty old jumper that keeps you warm on a winters night, its that germ-ridden teddy bear that you take to bed without fail, its that crap S Club 7 song that you will never delete from your iPod. Perfectly imperfect is what it is.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
prawlie (1570) - East Yorkshire, ENGLAND - APR 25, 2017
Can. Very light golden and well carbonated. Not a particularly attractive aroma. Tastes of nothing. Beer made for low cost purposes. Bloody hell this is bland. I think the rest of pack will be used for cooking.

minutemat (5146) - Shrewsbury, Shropshire, ENGLAND - APR 18, 2017
500ml can in Colorado. I am rating from memory, from before the time of RateBeer. Purely because it is ingrained in my soul, just how remarkable it is that this is sold under the descriptor of beer. This is watery water with vague whispers of pale lager, and a metallic bitterness. Awful awful stuff. Only bought because I was skint after Vegas, and it was the cheapest in the fridge. I felt so depressed at my decision.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
SarkyNorthener (4413) - West Bromwich (Yorkshire Expat), West Midlands, ENGLAND - APR 18, 2017
Can consumed in a local Indian restaurant. Pale yellow residual head. Aroma is light grain and sweet corn. Taste is watery grain and a hint of malt. I drank this from a wine glass and it was still shit. It failed to take off in the UK last time and should again. Shit, shit beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mR_fr0g (11439) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - APR 13, 2017
Keg at the moon under water Watford Jdw. For years I have been living with a unquenchable thirst. A hunger deep in my loins for adequate refreshment, so sick to to stomach of burning my lips of Cask conditioned hotel golds. I had been left wanting. Wanting for refreshment. Wanting for guilt free low calorie, low boost. Wanting for mediocrity.... Until now... This beer is acceptable in every measure. I feel hydrated, quenched, turgid.. I feel like I can conquer mountains and deep sense of belonging in my in stomach. But most of all, this beer is adequate.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
u3pyg (30) - BULGARIA - APR 11, 2017
Total piss. You take bad beer, dilute it with water, overcarb it and you have Bud Light.

Chadhami (96) - - APR 7, 2017
It is yellow, it is cold, it is beer? Another one of these American beers that make us oh so proud.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
argeru (91) - Hillsboro, Oregon, USA - MAR 31, 2017
Not sure what all the fuss is about, after a few good tokes, this stuff is top notch.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
allmyvinyl (10285) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - MAR 24, 2017
Keg up the White Lady. Pours very pale yellow with a thin white head. Aromas of not very much, light corn. Taste is watery, thin. 1 for a half. Never mind the quality, feel the value!

1.1
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jjsint (2836) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - MAR 20, 2017
Keg at the Regal (JDW), Cambridge. Light yellow, clear-ish with a film of white head. Smells of nothing. Tastes like corn syrup. An extract of an extract. Finish is the same. Sour, sweet and angry. Well-carbonated watery body. Why the fuck does this exist? I dont want to be on the same planet as this.