overall
RATINGS: 409   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
With a blend of two-row caramel malt and four types of domestic hops, Budweiser Black Crown is finished on a bed of Beechwood chips for a smooth, balanced taste. Incorporating the proprietary yeast directly descended from the original Budweiser yeast strain used by Adolphus Busch in 1876, Budweiser Black Crown retains the key characteristics of Budweiser with its clean taste and high drinkability. Featuring more body, color and hop character than the flagship lager, it also has a slightly higher alcohol content at 6% ABV.

bshep (151) - - APR 27, 2013
Not too bad... Kind of surprised Bud put something out with a little bit of taste. Won’t see me going out of my way to find it though.

radagast83 (8111) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 26, 2013
From Bottle. Not offensive, but not much of anything really. Pretty much like slightly flavored water. If this replaced Budweiser, you could keep me from complaining as often as I do when I visit my uncultured beer friends. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still complain because there isn’t a lot of flavor, but the two I had eliminated the metallic off-taste I get from their "flagships."

Bookseeb (137) - Wenatchee, Washington, USA - APR 26, 2013
Appearance has a light golden brown color supporting a dissipating head leaving nill lace. Smell of the adjuncts within a Bud but also having a sweetness of the malt. Taste has a Budwieser, adjuncty, malt infused sweetness. Mouthfeel is light with fair carbonation. I mainly got this beer do to curiosity, one bottle is all thats needed, no need for a half rack.

edgallow (4211) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 26, 2013
24 oz bottle pours light amber with a white head. Aroma of grains, grass and some sweet malt. Taste is corn and malts. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

megjlutton (20) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - APR 26, 2013
Pours an effervescent honey color with head retention. The aroma is that of pear and hops.The taste is a little of white grape and honey/lime hops.

olr1984 (1500) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - APR 24, 2013
I think I got this for free for my local shop pours clear off gold. Tasted like water

marylutton29 (18) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - APR 24, 2013
Bottle: pours a very light amber color with a large white head. Aromas, sweet corn with a slight earthiness. The flavor is not as boring as bud more of a corn flavor. Enjoyed over all!

nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 24, 2013
12oz bottle thanks to my beer buddy cheap. The bottle I got was the special batch 91406. I did not know this is the Black Crown. Typical Bud brew, maybe a little heavier in the taste. I found this brew not that bad, clean crisp taste. I wouldn’t comparwe it to any micros on the market. It’s AB’s way of trying to get their foot in the micro market.

darthmoore (23) - Michigan, USA - APR 21, 2013
UPDATED: APR 12, 2017 Pours a nice amber color with a tinge of rust. Single finger of off-white foam that fades fast and leaves little lacing. Smells of bread and a bit of caramel and some floral hop notes as well as a tad bit of citrus, the hop character is faint however. Picking up a bit of spice as well. Nose is surprisingly pleasant.Taste is medium sweetness in the front, lightly bitter, with a long finish that is both dry and sour in a good way. After all that it leaves a sweet sensation on the roof of my mouth. A surprisingly complex beer for a bud.This beer had a medium body, sticky, with lively carbonation and again a long finish.This is actually the project 12 version of the beer. It has been gathering dust in my basement for several months. Five or six maybe. I remember thinking it was terrible when I first tried it and being almost embarrassed for AB. Perhaps the cellaring actually did this beer some good because it is quite tasty now. Not a great beer but a good beer.

boozedude (2228) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - APR 21, 2013
Bottle at chicken coop with da crew.. golden pour..malty aroma.. taste is decent i guess sweet sugary..meh